OFF-SEASON OBS - LOCH GARTEN - September 2019-February 2020

I'm not doing a post-mortem of the LG 2019 season.

Here's to a colourful, action-packed off-season - but the cam needs repositioning and cleaning.  MIKE ??? !!! ;-D

03 September!

As KORKY may have retired in despair (I nearly did myself!), here is An Animal's Guide to Britain.

(Originally posted by IAN and reposted by KORKY here with comments Slight smile ) 

• Unknown said:
    I know you know a sparrow when you see it !

Believe it or not, I'm not confident with sparrows, despite watching many of Wendy's garden "spadgers" - I've been seeing too many varieties in southern California.

I've got myself very entangled with the mouse in the Starr Ranch barn owl cavity, that's taking me a very long time to 'monitor', plus trying to do Romeo&Juliet's successors on the NE Florida bald eagle nest... via very disappointing cams, all 4 of them !!! which buffer a lot.

Then there's the SW Florida bald eagles (they also have 4 cams this season!) and the Sydney WB sea eagles (who have been harassed mercilessly by the notorious Australian Magpie, who's supposed to be a dang nuisance and pain to everyone in September but this one doesn't know its calendar)...

So I'm Jill of all trades and mistress of none :'(  Plus ca change.

• scylla said:
    Then there's the SW Florida bald eagles (they also have 4 cams this season!)

That's the nest that sustains me through the osprey-less winter months. Their cycle seems to fit well with the goings/comings/goings of the UK ospreys.

It used to be Phoebe the hummingbird but I think that stream is no more.

• I presume you all know the bird feeder cam is back on :)
  • Valerie D said:
    I presume you all know the bird feeder cam is back on :)

You presumed wrong, VALERIE, so thank you very much for the heads-up :-*  It's downloading now, even tho I always look in vain for nighttime visitors ;)

• Hey guys, just a little message to say that the camera has been having some difficulties ever since the power cut and we have got it working again. There is another cut scheduled for today between 10-2 and we are not sure if this is going to affect us yet. Will try and make sure the camera is up and running quick smart!

F
  • Fergus, thanks for the update. Ian
  • scylla said:

Cirrus said:
    I know you know a sparrow when you see it !

Believe it or not, I'm not confident with sparrows, despite watching many of Wendy's garden "spadgers" - I've been seeing too many varieties in southern California.

I've got myself very entangled with the mouse in the Starr Ranch barn owl cavity, that's taking me a very long time to 'monitor', plus trying to do Romeo&Juliet's successors on the NE Florida bald eagle nest... via very disappointing cams, all 4 of them !!! which buffer a lot.

Then there's the SW Florida bald eagles (they also have 4 cams this season!) and the Sydney WB sea eagles (who have been harassed mercilessly by the notorious Australian Magpie, who's supposed to be a dang nuisance and pain to everyone in September but this one doesn't know its calendar)...

So I'm Jill of all trades and mistress of none :'(  Plus ca change.

EEEEEEEK!

• I just realised I had a problem with downloading this stream and went to the Carnyx page to re-set-up and look who was there!  Panic!

• These guys are so elusive

(c) RSPB Loch Garten