Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 August 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON (THURSDAY)

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week and the power stays on! 

• Well, I don't know why/how that came out at the beginning of my post rather than at the end!! :-O
  • Lindybird: Like the sculpture but now it's got me wondering (I do forget!) how many kiddies youngest has....

AQ: Maybe your OH thought napping would be enough help? I'd be interested to know it the utility folks manage to get your power back on on time. The last time we had a similar outage it went on well past the projected end time and into the evening; the neighborhood was not amused. (Still, a first-world problem, right?)
  • That's a lovely sculpture, Lindy. I'm sure it will be well received and appreciated.

Wet and miserable all day today, so outing to Parham House postponed. It's a lovely place when the sun shines! Still on for Pooh Sticks Bridge tomorrow … forecast is better. So sorry for people on holiday in UK, and for parents with children at home getting bored.
  • I've read all news and thank you!
    I hope to make appropriate replies but maybe not until Saturday. The two granddaughters from Elgin are arriving tomorrow morning for a sleepover. Granddaughter Katie will also be here and they are planning a cupcake making session tomorrow afternoon. Then Friday, a family meal here.
  • You're busy these days, Heather! In a nice way, with lots of family visits.

It was hard to photograph the sculpture as you can't see the lovely bronze finish on it. Yes, Annette, it was ideal because it shows Mum, Dad and two boys with a younger sister which is exactly what our Youngest has. Of course, little Rosie will take a while to grow to look like the girl depicted there!!

Here are some more Flower Show pics:

These were for sale for those with lots of spare cash....  really nice, and must look great if you have room in the garden for one. Most had built in furniture such as tables, etc.

We headed for the big marquee first, as it was drizzling at the time:  little did we know that it would turn out to be far wetter, later!!

Inside the marquee was a veritable feast of colour!  These are Penstemons.

Think these were Gladiolii

Only part of the marquee -  its vast!

I made a beeline for some beautiful Clematis.  There were so many and all gorgeous, so I chose just one.  

Close up.

• Lurker here feeling down need advice..
    Eye test today it seems stage one cataracts...
    Grumpy but I am sure some out there can give me sound advice ... thanks x
  • Wendyb: My OH is "getting" cataracts according to his latest exam.   I do know they have to be at a certain point before docs will do the op; also, that when you get them later in life, they progress more slowly. Quite a few of my friends have had the surgery with really, really great results and I wouldn't hesitate to have it if they were to the stage where they were interfering with night driving/etc. I'm taking a close friend to get her second eye done next Monday; she just had the first one done - wore a patch at night for the first week to avoid rubbing it and couldn't bend down for three days, but was back to normal after that (but better!) There's lots of info on the web; just be sure the source is reputable. Good luck.

• Thanks .,’I think I knew but needed confirmation .. will look down the private route when necessary as it a 52 waiting list on NHS
  • WENDY: Cataract surgery is much easier than it used to be when we were young. It's one area of science where progress has been truly remarkable. I have relatives who've had the operation, and they recovered almost immediately with little discomfort or inconvenience. I know the idea is scary, but don't worry, these days it's not bad. 

Also, my Mom developed a cataract, but it progressed so slowly that she never did require surgery.