Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 July 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

The full moon -- the Buck Moon -- is Tuesday. 

Sorry for starting the thread early. I got up really early to work, and I'm off to take a nap. I thought I'd go ahead and start it. Very hot here today.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• Am still having problems with my WiFi - I thought it might be my tablet, but then this afternoon couldn't get this desktop to go online, either. Just tried again and it works just now. So if I suddenly disappear, that's why.
  • What an amazing final. I didn't care who won, just wanted a great match and we certainly got that.

LINDY it is a truly wonderful sight and sound when swans take to the sky.

OG Safe journey to Manchester. Hope all goes well.

We had a good walk bu the canal yesterday. We have never seen so many boats on the go at once. We stopped to talk to 2 people on a boat with a US flag. The had crossed the Atlantic from Boston and were heading to Norway and then on round!!! They were giving themselves 2 years. After that she said "who knows" wonderful.
  • Lindybird:  I'm sure you've checked all the connections at the hardware end of things.  Maybe your modem or router are bad?   We got a new free modem from our cable company and still haven't hooked it up because we'll probably have to get a new router and things are working okay right now.   Besides, OH hates any disruption to his office activities.  :-(

dibnlib:  I've never had quite that spirit of adventure as those folks who sailed the Atlantic in a small boat. The QE2 or whatever would be my choice. Something really big with lots of lifeboats.  I would love to have an RV though and tour the Western states properly.

• Thanks, folks! A bit tense here today, as you might imagine. Going to shut down computer early, before we eat to be available through the evening.
  • Will be thinking of you all tomorrow OG. Hope everything goes well.
  • Annette - I'm with you on the "Something really big, with lifeboats" idea. Yes, I've had all the gubbins out from behind the tv, where our cable system comes into the house up through the floorboards. I checked and wiggled all the connections, scratched my head, then went into the garden to forget about it for a couple of hours. Later, I found it had all restored itself!
  • Trying to catch up with everyone’s news, as yesterday was so hectic. Tennis, golf, cricket, and all really exciting. Sorry Roger didn’t win – but it was a really good match. Good job I’m not into motor racing as well – that would have been just too much!

Golf today. We had a lovely game at a small private course just outside Crowborough. The ladies from my club play the local Probus men once a year. Sadly, many of them have slight problems counting (golfers will understand what I mean!) but we still managed to beat them and regain the cup they took from us last time. I’m the only lady who has played in every game since the fixture began, so although it was only my second round of the year, I just had to turn out. I actually didn’t play too badly. And the treat of the day – a lovely female deer and a youngster leaped across one of the greens in front of us. A great sight.

Looking at a lovely moon this evening. Diane told us it was called Buck Moon this month. It’s so nearly full tonight …
  • Yes, watched it. Both teams really deserved to win, pity they can't share it, but well done to our boys.

Hi all, and thanks Diane for starting off another week.

Just having a quick read through, see there are 4 pages already. Sorry, but don't follow tennis.
  • Thanks for all your news.

OG and family - safe trip to Manchester and hope results will be favourable. My neck of the woods, at least where I come from.

Been cloudy with not much sunshine here except late afternoon the skies cleared and bright sunshine. OH managed to do a bit of gardening today, tidying up hedges etc. Said he will tackle a bit each day.

Well, wins in the Grand Prix and Cricket at least and the Netball team are doing well, won all 4 games so far.
  • Well done Pat O. Not a great golfing fan but watch it sometimes.