We carry on in the absence of dearest EJ (RIP):

Courtesy of MIKE but he may not remember this particular wet morning ;-*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No-one seen overnight.

DAYCAM 03:55

We had a Stonechat !!!

It came back again and again to the same perch, this is one example:

And another:

Then it chose a different perch !!!  Sensational ;)

One outage:

That's up to 14:25.

• First, thank you Scylla for the vid. I am afraid I could see no BTO ring, but that could just be me. Others seem to think there is one.
    Second, hello Birdsong, lovely to see you here again.
    Third, looking forward to Birdie's take on it too.
    At least we have an osprey!! But bang goes my theory that if anything or anyone landed we would know because the grass would be flattened. LOL!!
  • Scylla said,
    Osprey on nest. I can't tell if it's the same one but it's male.
    Helen says,
     Yippee! not a George either- oh! I am sooooo cruel,AstonishedGrinGrinningGrin

I too believe there is a BTO ring on right leg, so----- are there nests that BTO ring only without a Darvic?  And whether or not there are it would appear this could be a Scottish laddie? 

(and thenWink the wishful thinking and imagination gets into gear.... could a young male osprey return to his natal nest area.....As i said imagination running away and as CC was unsure of the Species..!!WinkWink who knows?)

• Just to say the metal ring is not a BTO one it is a clip ring of European origin could be a German bird or French or ...
  • Thank you.  Very interesting and learning all the time.  He's an Osprey and very welcome, shame about the weather though!!

• How interesting Valerie. I'd be interested to know the difference between the two for future reference!
  • Scylla, just seen the vid of the male osprey on nest. Could he be thinking I've got a place for next year. Certainly hope that next season there will be a taker for the nest. Thanks for all updates, folks.
  • Unknown said:

I too believe there is a BTO ring on right leg, so----- are there nests that BTO ring only without a Darvic?  And whether or not there are it would appear this could be a Scottish laddie? 

++++++++

It has happened that only a BTO has been put on, possibly due to no Darvic to hand,, or Darvic is broken. I think it was Clywedog last year only had a BTO due to a mix up or late delivery. Darvics have been used since 1966. Scottish birds have Darvics on the left leg, English/Welsh on the right.

• More likely a Darvic is broken and falls off. There was such a famous osprey at Loch Garten in days gone by.

• VALERIE

I'm on phablet due to a nervous breakdown so please forgive lack of punctuation and other refinements...

Thank you for the lesson that a lack of colour does not necessarily indicate BTO Slight smile

Am about to watch Inspector Montalbano to be transported - might even have some ice cream.