Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 May 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• Day deteriorating after a bright start: in the end, I did nothing outside except water the baby sweet peas. My OH returned very early, ('Quick! toyboy, out the back door") and he looks tired. The golf course was a difficult one, some very steep parts, so he had struggled.

Heather, the rats appear every few years and I suppose they must live either in nearby woodland, or under people's sheds. Not underneath ours, as it's just a lean to around the side of the house with the floor consisting of the brick path! Don't listen if you don't like killing creatures, but the last time we had them we put out rat poison, underneath a slab of stone where cats don't go. They disappeared.

Must ring our Youngest, as he had delivery of his new kitchen units yesterday and has already set to, to make them up from the flat packs. Needless to say, he's going to enrol his fathers help when he gets to the difficult parts.
  • The Columbus arrived back today from its around the world voyage.... ... ....

• Thanks for the start of a new week. Looks like there has been some horrendous weather in the States, do hope those involved will manage to stay dry and safe.

Dau's friend's wedding went off without any hitches and the weather stayed reasonable. She drove to the church in a horse and carriage and it then transported the bride and groom to the reception venue.

Weather could be quite changeable tomorrow with an icy blast blowing in towards midweek, hmmm, hopefully after we get through May the weather will be better.

Have a nice Bank Holiday all.
  • Hallo all:

Wendyb: You can have the logs, but I'll take the G&T.

Heather: We have tree rats that eat our oranges through a small hole, leaving an otherwise perfect exterior. There will be a fight this year given that we have so few on the tree. I'm hopeless, but is the the SiL with the business the one on the Speyside outing? If so, hope he manages some effective networking.

Lindybird: Wow, that last month of PatO's cruise certainly went fast. Assembling kitchen cabinets is a young person's job - were they Ikea?

Lynette: Looks like Diane and bjane are in for another nasty weather week. :-(

Hope OG made it back okay.....

Allergies are ghastly here this year; buy stock in Kleenex!

• Good Morning. Damp here.

The cabinets are from B&Q, the big DIY retailer here. The hardest part will be fitting the worktops neatly, and he's going to get a professional joiner in to do that, when he's finished the rest.

• Cool but sunny here.
    ANNETTE - no, it is my son who has the whisky shop. He used to visit the distilleries but is now working single handed so can't get away.
    WENDY- my daughter and her husband are enthusiastic amateurs :-) Not at all the sort of folk who would think they knew everything but my son does get such people visiting the shop. Sometimes they do have a lot of knowledge but equally some are just a pain in the neck....
    LINDY- I hope that your OH is feeling better. My predictive text wanted to say 'feeding better'!

My good deed for the day was done at 6.30 am. I looked out of bedroom window and saw that someone or something had knocked over my neighbour's recycling bin. Stuff scattered everywhere. I reloaded it because the lorry often comes just after 7. Outside in my pyjamas, can you believe?! So the halo is very firmly placed on the head :-)
  • Well a sunny day here but a few hail showers so am delighted I finished logs... went to my bed 8.30pm women with coffee at 8.45am bliss.....
    Heather yes I thought your daughter was one who would enjoy the crack. Did she go to the Macallan diner it was £250 a head....
    So many distilleries are producing gin as well and there is going to be a festival in the area in July.
    It’s a slow morning one dog has been out had brekkie and gone back to bed. The other is trying to sun himself on the chaise and not been anywhere or eaten anything yet..
  • Just been back to alter my last post, as it had put "workshops" instead of worktops. Grr. The predictive text drives me crazy.

Heather:   You definitely have a halo now!!  I hope you tell her what you did, so she can be appreciative!  Yes, thank you, he's feeling better but still not 100%  He claims he has a virus or an infection, but I don't understand his symptoms.

We have emptied the conservatory except for the two big recliner chairs we have, and hoovered and mopped.  My OH has put a small sample of the paint onto the wall for us to decide......or rather, for me to decide....  

• LINDY - some folk are pretty useless at describing symptoms, or so I've found! My old boy used to expect me and/or his GP to know what was wrong, intuitively :-)
    I won't say anything to my neighbour about the bin.

LYNETTE - good that the weather stayed fine for the open carriage ride.

OG - hope you are safely home and that you aren't too tired.

And PAT will be home soon!

WENDY - no, that dinner would have beyond their reach! Your predictive text was very entertaining :-) Seems we've all fallen foul of it today!

Rain then sun here. Weeds growing rapidly. Grape vine in sittooterie definitely didn't like the cold we've had this past few days. Shrubs OK, though. Azaleas blooming, royal blue ceanothus beginning to flower. Early clematis seem quite happy.
  • Duchess of Sussex has been in labour for a few hours, apparently: the press will be agog about the birth. I'm betting on a girl!