Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 May 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• Not sure whether this qualifies as cheerful news ... I'm back from my long holiday!
  • We got back safely yesterday - not sure my post last evening actually went anywhere! All was well at The Christie and we filled the time. OH and I went to Cheadle Royal and bought a few useful household items in John Lewis. We had lunch there - I see what you meant about the new eating place there, LINDA. J ate in the café at the hospital, then we picked him up and all went browsing in the Trafford Centre - he looked around separately then we all met up for a very good Italian meal - they had Carbonara and I had the Sea Bass. Saturday we went into the city to visit the Science Museum - not as good as it used to be -they are "improving the visitor experience" by making it worse! We had another excellent dinner, at the hotel's restaurant - I had Mediterranean Skewers (too many but very good) with Greek Salad. The journey home was easy being a Sunday, and we stopped just north of Preston for lunch with a relaxed wander round the Garden Centre.

OH started mowing before lunch, but was rained off finishing this afternoon. Not much rain, but ground remains wet. J is sorting paperwork and getting ready for work tomorrow - new timetable will now be next week, and I have been unpacking, supervising five wash-loads (so far) and getting ready for plumber to start tomorrow.
  • You deserve that halo HEATHER
  • Hi DIBNLIB! Lovely to see you x
    Welcome home, PAT, looking forward to reading about your trip....
    OG - glad all was OK in Manchester.
  • Shows what I know!!-- it's a boy!! No name yet, but the media will love to guess at what it will be.

Welcome home, Pat! -- We're all going to be agog to hear about your exciting travels. I hope you met some nice people to keep you company.

OG - Glad you're home, too, and all is well.
  • Welcome home Pat! I've been following your progress around the world. We'll leave plenty of space for your stories and photos when you've recovered. :-)

OG: Glad the weekend went well and that the drive home was good.

Lindybird: Yes, a boy. Trump will have to share headlines for a day or two.

Hi to everyone else!

Daughter arriving today until Friday. She's on a later than normal flight and apparently the traffic into Phoenix was horrible.

• It will be difficult to tell you all the exciting things in a short message! But I'll do my best over time ... need to process most of it in my own head first. Suffice to say, I'm exhausted but have finished the unpacking and the laundry is waiting. Not very much of it, as I did most things as we went along. Met some really nice people, although I doubt I'll keep in touch with any of them. Cabin very comfortable - I spent quite a lot of time there as it was impossible to find a quiet spot anywhere else on the ship. Did a lot of reading - which I rarely have time for when at home - and I discovered the joy and calming effect of colouring. I also did some tapestry, although didn't finish the kingfisher ... Ate a lot, but hopefully not too much. I can still get into most of my clothes. Hardly drank anything apart from gallons of water.

More to follow ...
  • Thanks for taking the trouble to write, Pat, when you must be so tired. It all sounds as if you've enjoyed it very much, and I'm so glad you found some friends to share it with.