Loch of the Lowes 24-31 March 2019

Well, I thought I'd start a new thread now both birds are back. I can't remember if we do a daily or a weekly thread for LotL?

LF15 (aka Lassie) arrived back on the nest at 5.50pm on Saturday 23rd March, after LM12 (aka Laddie) had been skydancing for an hour or so. He delivered a bit of fish but there was no nookie observed. This will no doubt happen once the bond is truly resealed and Sunday 24th March may be a busy day.  As at 4.10am, she is still on the nest, asleep, in the droopy, head down position, like she's got a headache. Tired after her journey but no doubt happy to be home.

SWT have yet to confirm it's her but it's looking very likely.

• scylla said:

when starting a new thread to take over from a previous, a "closure notice" and link to the new thread is put on the end of the old one.  SHEILA's done it now.

You don't know if nobody tells you ;)

Thanks for the instructions scylla which will come in handy if I'm ever intrepid enough to start another new thread. I put a link to the new thread on the old thread but not the closure notice. Thanks Sheila and sorry for the confusion. I was just trying to help out a bit

• FISH at 18.49

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• They've both got fish. He's mantling over his. Maybe hasn't quite got used to the sharing thing after 7 months apart

(c) SWT LofT

• Lassie brought back her fish leftover @ 17:43 - it was impossible to see, it looked like a ball of fire on the way in :o

She stood with it until just now, when Laddie dropped in with fish, waited a minute and flew with it:

She also flew, then they both returned, then he flew again, she remains, now eating her fish.  Gusts are troublesome.

Regarding the nest collapsing at the front - I mentioned some time ago that a lot of Laddie's super sticks were teetering on the brink ;)  I'm not sure if it's those which have given way or if the structure is falling.

IMAGICAT

• Lassie must have finished her fish, she's just been nestcupping.

Cheerio for now :)

IMAGICAT

• Addendum ;) This is the third time Laddie's brought his fish but Lassie isn't hungry :)

IMAGICAT

• Addendum2 ;)

What a sweet sight - Laddie's fourth return with fish :o

He then flew off again.

Byeeeeeeeee :)

IMAGICAT

• Hi everyone Relaxed

Thanks for all the updates, pictures etc. Good to see Laddie and Lassie are getting on well for the 2019 season. Sorry, I should have said LM12 and LF15. It is Sunday after all. Stuck out tongue winking eye

Anyway nice to see fish has been supplied. Empty nest at the moment, so it looks like Lassie has switched to her non-brooding roost. She probably spent last night on the nest for security reasons with her just returned from her winter (southern summer [direct translation from Osprish] territory). Plus Laddie was extremely excited to see her. Grinning

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• The Tawny Owls are certainly competing well against those gusts of wind at the moment. In fact I'd say they were winning. Always nice to hear them during the night.

• Last evening Lassie left:

Laddie popped back with his fish:

Later, there was a security alert, Laddie still had his fish!

Just now - skydancing and Laddie joined Lassie on the nest but I didn't have my eyes on it:

(The above will probably be huge cos I haven't resized.)

IMAGICAT