LOCH GARTEN NEST - 16 MARCH-19 APRIL 2019

This thread will continue daily until we decide that nest activities require the 2019 DAILY UPDATE to commence :)

Trying posted first live stream snap of 2019:

Nota bene - NO GLARE !!!

Not to be outdone (even tho she was) Scylla poked her nose in - what a shame that it shows how much better the VLC picture is, compared to (her) screen-capture:

No nest activities yet seen, it really is too bad !!! ;-D

YOUTUBE LIVE STREAM - opens in new tab/window

WATCH ON CARNYX.TV - opens in new tab/window

VLC LINK - Copy & Paste into "Open Network Stream"

http://carnyxlive.co.uk:1935/.../playlist.m3u8

IMAGICAT

• I thought I was right.. Thanks so much Karen, I'm not good at holding onto facts these days.. Someone said he was her partner before LG ( may he moved with her or after her). I was at Loch Garten in 2008 too... and 2009.. been following the nest on and off for over 20 years but got emotionally involved with EJ. First saw it on black/white TV around 1956.....
  • CRinger said:
    AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY!
    Highly desirable residence in superb location with amazing views and all required facilities within easy flying distance.
    A once in a lifetime opportunity has arisen which would suit a new couple hoping to raise a large family for many years to come. This historical home needs only minor reparations and has a proven track record of 60 years withstanding the trials and tribulations of the Highland weather and has been sensitively restored to maintain its iconic visage of the surrounding landscape.
    It has been a home to many famous individuals and couples and has the benefit of state of the art surveillance technology designed to ensure the safety of the occupants and their offspring.
    We urge early viewing to avoid disappointment for late arrivals.
    The consensus appears to be if your name is George and have viewed the property before please do not apply again as a refusal often offends.

Oh, clap clap clap CRinger. Seconded !

• You can see both male and female .. great
  • Just catching my breath.

CRinger advertised:

AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY!
    Highly desirable residence 

Brilliant, CRinger, I think it covers everything and if it doesn't get multi-applications very soon then this season's potential clientele need their heads examined ;)

IMAGICAT

• Orange VS was EJ's first  real partner that we know of. They nested at a nest away from Loch Garten in 2001, 2002 and 2003. Then along came Green 7B a bird hatched at Loch of The Lowes in 2000 and evicted  EJ. 

EJ made her way to Loch Garten and arrived on 16th June 2003. Henry was the male in residence having won the nest in a titanic struggle caused by the non return of Ollie in 2002.

Of course everyone thought that i was all set up for harmony in 2004. On 27th March 2004  EJ returned followed two days later by this unknown osprey who EJ was only too willing to mate with. This male turned out to be none other than Orange VS. 

On 3rd April  2004 Henry returned and took charge. Mind you there was no peace as a female kept dive bombing EJ

This all started a soap opera that went on for 5 years but culminated in Orange VS getting EJ back for himself in 2008. 

It was a very traumatic year and calm was only restored when a new male turned up in 2009. 

• I wonder who that was, TIGER? :-*

(Sorry about your frame, Odin - it's a software malfunction.)

IMAGICAT

• Thanks Tiger,, really helpful and easy to follow!!! cheers
  • I know I'm behind the times but just seen on FB that a male was spotted on the nest, I think it said Friday. Can anyone confirm. Oh how nice it would be if this young man was to take up residence and find him a lady.
  • I have further embellished you over the page, TIGER ;)

IMAGICAT