OFF-SEASON OBS, LOCH GARTEN NEST, 07 August 2018 ~ March 2019

EDIT

Late in the day I changed the title of this thread from "DU" to "Off-Season Obs" ~ anyone is welcome to suggest a better title than the current one :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No osprey presence yesterday, but in the evening a visit from an osprey nemesis ;)

TIGER has reminded us that we mustn't jump the gun when our ospreys don't appear on-cam, or even at the Centre, for a day or two, so we wait...

IMAGICAT

• I've seen quite a few folk on the webcam today. Some trying to feed the birds a la Michaela. I hope the repeated visits by Chris Packham and the team for this year's watches boost RSPB membership. It may be hard to get accommodation in the area whilst they're filming!

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• I've seen quite a few folk on the webcam today. Some trying to feed the birds a la Michaela.

I've been noticing more people for several days (but I forgot to set it downloading today).

Incidentally, I wondered if Coal Tits are more "tame" than the other tits.  Those were the only ones that ventured onto Michaela's hand.

IMAGICAT

• Evening All, Thanks for all the pics and posts. Lovely that we have the pagination back! Having finally become used to having the latest post at the top, I've opened the forum tonight to find we are back to having the latest post at the bottom! Some of us thought that there would be no more alterations by the RSPB techies so just shows how wrong we can be, luckily for us! Now they just need to reduce the white space between lines and a few other things and all will be back to normal.
    Scylla, I remember from other years that the Coal Tits at LG are very unafraid and readily land on hands for food. The few we have seen here in Surrey are very shy and probably would never do that.

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:
    Some of us thought that there would be no more alterations by the RSPB techies so just shows how wrong we can be...

I was one of them and was deliberately pessimistic hoping to provoke the result we now see ;-D

Unknown said:
    I remember from other years that the Coal Tits at LG are very unafraid and readily land on hands for food. The few we have seen here in Surrey are very shy and probably would never do that.

Thanks for that info :)

This morning there was a late start and few birds.  My snaps aren't very good quality because I insisted on trying to take them all within the same "frame area", which didn't work so I had to mess with them afterwards.

#1 - Woody's tongue rather than a morsel, it seemed at the time :-/

Not #4, but among the early visitors (dragged and dropped this one after eventually noticing the invitation at the bottom of the posting box, heehee):

IMAGICAT

• Oh goodie, we're back to pages!

• Yay, pages. That's better. Thanks for the heads up Scylla.

A Crestie and Coal Tit from the other day

• Yes, we have numbers pages, oldest at the top, date and time when a post has been made, larger print and better font in reply box, and back to rich formatting to add etc. Thank you IT folks, they said more work would be done.

Edit, and our signature now shows.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• No Crestie found in the first hour, so here's a Blue Tit - one of them was second to the feeder but this is a later one, not terribly good quality so I've fancified it ;)

G'night for now :)

IMAGICAT

• Very fancy Scylla, a lovely blue border to match the blue tit colours.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.