Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife. GLASLYN OSPREYS,-August 2018

• The intrusion snapped by Patily and I:

This was the culprit - it made as if to land on the perch but flew over and away:

We have a clearer view of him(?) afterwards, when he was bolder and it was KS1's turn to defend:

This sitting down seems to run in the family :)

• This is the video to go with KS1's feisty defence - see how she makes the intruder bounce on the perch :o

(The cam did look in the trees at one stage but I couldn't see anything so omitted it.  It also went on a blurry-mad to-and-fro, from which I couldn't make anything out so that's omitted too.)

• What a feisty bird she is! Presume she then flattened in response to alarm calls from Aran.

• I was very late up today and eventually logged on to an empty nest.  The cam has been looking around periodically:

I recorded nightcam from 22:00 to 01:15 (hoping for a Tawny visit ;) ) but it's crashing my editor.  From what I did see there was only the shimmer of insects on the nest.

• ChrisyB said:
    Presume she then flattened in response to alarm calls from Aran.

Did you think the male on the perch was Aran, Chrisy?  It was Aran-shaped, which is quite unusual.

• Aran with fish for juvie on the perch, but juvie flies to nest.  I'm not au fait with it yet and just stop/started at a bad moment, given how long VLC starts to get going again.

• I've got lots from today but am wondering if there was a replay, am very confused.  There has been at least one fish from Aran.

Not confused at this moment, tho - here she is !!!  I think the light has taken away some of her markings.

• Camperson has been a little bonkers at times.  This also is 'now', the juvie must have a fish.

• The juvie flew off, leaving fish behind - MrsG immediately flew from perch, collected and flew off with it:

• Thursday, 30 August, morning:

KS2 'performing' on perch, then to nest, gets chased off by KS1:

KS1 was then on the perch for half an hour:

Distinct hole in crop:

Aran brought a fish, KS1 'created' and flew off to the nest, Aran had to take it there for her:

This is why I got confused - KS1 back on perch and Aran back with fish !!!  But it was KS2 on the nest who got the fish:

Then there was a flounder, which KS1 got again :-/

We then had empty perch until this scene:

Intruder !!!  Who?

Intruder skidaddles, KS1 in pursuit:

KS1 flies back with flounder:

Then MrsG turned up :-*  More snaps above.

scylla said:

The juvie flew off, leaving fish behind - MrsG immediately flew from perch, collected and flew off with it:

That's as far as I got.

No KS3 seen.