WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, JULY 22, 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK EVERYONE.

• You're welcome, Pat.

Thank you for your supportive comments, Heather - I think its rather ironic that my Friend is the very person I would usually go to for support at such a time, she and I have been through much together including going stir crazy when we were young(ish) mothers, and when we lost all of our respective parents. I can of course talk to my dear sis in law, but there is no one else as all of our friends now live far away, or are themselves, gone.

Its been much cooler here today, and we even got some showers just before lunch.  But all dried up now.  My OH has been playing golf, but has been fiddling with several things which need fixing, since he got home:  he even went back up onto the garage roof to try and sort out our TV aerial as the dining room TV is all wobbly.  He has had three goes at it, recently....  he won't get A Man in to put up a new aerial....  ho hum!

• You know, LINDY, as I've said before - you can take the boy off the farm but they will always be the same! Something goes wrong, they are well used to sorting it. Or trying to....

When I used the word 'frustrated' about your friend, I think and hope that you realised what I meant - I probably didn't choose the right word. She has fought cancer before and won. Now things seem to be different. Sending hugs.

• That's the thing, Heather, she has always been a fighter. She has lost at least three close friends of her own to this awful disease, and supported them through their own struggles. As you say, she has won before but this time it's the kind there's no treatment for (yet). I think she'll be her usual brave, stoic self. I know what you meant when you used the word frustrated. :-)

OG I forgot to say, we're going to see the new "Mamma Mia" film as we very much enjoyed the original. We will go on Thursday, and then my OH and I are off once again to Wales for a few days on Friday.

• I'm planning getting the new MM film on DVD for my Danish friends to watch when they come here next, LINDY. They have seen the stage show twice and the original film innumerable times. I'm looking forward to your review!

• Evening all:  Ghastly news re the Greek fires.  I was wondering what kind of warnings, alerts, precautions etc., were in place.....

Lindybird: Geez, poor G.  

OG: Lunch with friend turned into a major effort.  Combination of excessive heat warnings/summer holidays and great surf meant that what appeared to be that everyone age 30 and under in the  Los Angeles basin decided to head for the beach   Two parking lots; one jammed, the other (private) charging an arm and a leg and no street parking at all due to loads of vehicles loaded with young people and surf boards jamming every spare inch. We opted to head to the Getty museum in Malibu (the original one) for lunch, but then got there to find the gates closed ("always closed on Tuesdays!") a chirpy attended told us.  We ended up at an okay place, but clearly we're going to have to consider what's happening in the rest of the world next time we make a plan.  :-)  Phone is still working for the most part, but now I'm wondering if the router doesn't need resetting (or replacing).

Off to bed; have a good Wednesday everyone.

• Shame it spoilt your lunch out, Annette :-(  Hope you can get the router fixed.

Came on here half an hour ago but the Site was doing funny things again: hope this posts.

Good Morning, Everyone.

• Good morning -

OG - keep meaning to ask if the couple have returned from their honeymoon yet! I hope that they will be good neighbours. It is one thing that we don't have much control over, unfortunately. The family at the end of our garden - that sounds as if they are fairies! - have three boys who play outside a lot. That never bothers me, I love to hear children having fun. I put a box of ice creams or similar over the fence sometimes. They always shout 'Thank you, Heather!' and have twice made me a lovely card.

Must get going. Youngest family are popping in later. Also, I have been asked by stepson if I will store some furniture in the garage. His mother in law is moving house and he would like to keep some items for his son. He seems to think that said son will be buying/renting a property soon. I've said Yes, on condition that I can still move freely around the garage, need access to freezer, ladders, etc. So, I've requested that they come and measure available space before turning up with a sofa and a bed base.

• Sounds sensible, Heather:  we did that once and we had a sofa & chairs in our garage for ages, before they finally came to collect it!

The house up the road from here has now begun to have the final touches to finish it off, before its habitable:  they have completely gutted it, added on two extensions, fitted it out again and reconfigured the gardens.  Needless to say, the road in front of it has had vehicles in it almost permanently for months.  Lots of noise, too.  On Monday this week, the people in the house next door to it have started work on their extension, which involves pulling down the existing one and building one bigger!!  Off we go again...

Sunny here and warmer than yesterday already.  Doing laundry and trying to get the housework up to date.

• Meanwhile, I will try to finish my saga of our day out on Anglesey.

We walked around near to the RSPB Centre at South Stack Lighthouse, but saw few birds, just a few in flight and unidentifiable except for the odd seagull. Lots of people there, though!! It was a very busy day we had picked to go.  We looked over the cliffs and I snapped these birds, but that's all I came away with.

We then drove down the coast, on the left hand side.  Some lovely empty bays which are inaccessible, and some lovely properties there:  we looked for one which we had stayed in many years ago, when a cousin of mine was renting there as her husband was working on the nearby Power Station. But we couldn't see it.

We found this beach though:

Bonnie enjoyed a paddle!

...  ...   And a run around!!

• There were only a couple of other people on this beach, enjoying the sunshine and the peace. I suppose those with children want some sand for them to play in/on.

The tiny white things you can see on the rocks in the foreground were little molluscs, clinging to the rocks.