WEEKLY CHAT (Non-osprey) SUNDAY JANUARY 7, 2018

Diane: I suspect your poor fingers are frozen solid, so started the new thread.  :-)  Do hope your friendly neighborhood critters show up when the temperatures rise.

Check back for lovely pic of Kingfisher (and more) from Clare; Lindybird's Second Christmas and updates on cruises; OG's plans to attend a masked ball - and more!

I drove all over the local neighborhood today: Library; hardware store; charity shop; Bed, Bath and Beyond (looking for towels); Habitat for Humanity's ReStore warehouse; University's hazardous waste center; County electronic recycling center; pet shop, beauty supply shop; and two supermarkets!  Phew!

• Heather B said:
    I don't want to speak too soon but I am feeling so much more in control of my life.

Good.  I hope you keep on feeling like that.

Heather B said:
    I had a frightening down point a few days ago - won't go into details but somehow it has given me a wake up call. Don't ever, ever want to feel like that again.

That sounds really scary.  You should talk to someone about this in detail - the last thing you need is a recurrence.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Unknown said:

Hi, all. These just made me laugh out loud, so I thought I'd put them here. I thought Clare would like the first one. It's a real corvid. 

34-second Video 1 HERE

39-second Video 2 HERE

Love them both, but the photobombing crow is priceless!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Unknown said:
    Clare: Must agree your pix really have got so much sharper and creative over the last year.  18 very respectable!! Congrats to you and Limpy with his perfect 20. (Which pix earned those high points?)  

One of the pictures is the first photo on this thread.  It's possibly the best photo he's ever taken!

• Diane: Those are wonderful videos; thanks for the smiles. I'm forwarding to friends! I see the launch is back on track; waiting for new launch time. Phew! Oh my - now it's 2:11 Pacific time.  Time enough to eat lunch and be back....

Clare: Not surprised at Limpy's score with any of those shots.

Lindybird: I know my sister in Lincolnshire loves it when the evenings lengthen...

• Oh pooh! Can't believe it. I fell asleep in the patio chair, woke up 53 seconds after take off; rushed outside to see the contrail disappearing into the heavens and a very faint rumble, but no rocket. Really! Turned out I'd set  my iPhone alarm incorrectly. What a twit I am.  :-(

• Love the videos Diane. What a hoot!!!! Thanks for sharing,

• Liked the first clip Diane, but can't get the 2nd one to work. Never mind, the first one was very funny!!

• Annette - How annoying that you fell asleep. I just fell asleep on the sofa, watching TV, but then I'm on my 2nd glass of wine (with lemonade in it!).

Off to bed now, weary. Goodnight.

• Brrr <grin> It is about 20 degrees colder this morn than it was on Thurs! We’ve even had a little rain. Friend & I had intended to escape on Thurs but it was too hot. The forecast for her next free day is high again. Hurry up Autumn. I’ve managed to cull a boxful of old papers ready for next Fri – recycling day.

• Annette: I'm sorry you missed the launch. Actually, the coverage was quite short, so you didn't miss much. As for the news, I couldn't even watch it tonight. Sigh.

AQ: I told you I would send you some cold air! Glad it arrived. LOL! Hope you will get an escape soon. 

Everyone have a nice weekend.