Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 March 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX!

The Spring Equinox is on Monday. Happy Autumn Equinox to AQ!

I hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful new season! It's finally SPRING!!!

Florida Panther, Everglades National Park, Florida
Florida Panthers are highly endangered.
U.S. National Park Service photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Oh Forestboar, I do hope that things can be resolved and that the courts will apply some common sense re appearing and your predicament.  Do hope it all turns out OK for you. At least on the medical side they are prepared to intervene. All the best.

• Keith - Shocking that you're being pressed to give evidence, when you were not even present during an offence:  surely you should be allowed to simply make a statement, which could be read out in the court. There must seem to be no end to your troubles. 

Glad that the new transport is proving to be a great success.

• Heather - Great that the family have arrived to cheer you. Enjoy their company, and I hope you feel stronger over the weekend.

• We've had lovely day, in all respects: we talked to some new neighbours here, heard some gossip from some old neighbours, and enjoyed a walk this morning along the seafront, admiring Snowdon on the way, in the distance, with its icing sugar snow on the top. On the way back in the car we could see lots of new lambs seeking shelter from the wind by laying down behind their mothers. Also, saw a set of twins, sooty black lambs, so cute!

This afternoon it was actually warm enough to sit outside - amazing!

• Evening all:  Re disposing of personal effects, I even get reflective and a little sad at garage/estate sales when I find myself sorting through items that were likley treasured by their owners but are unwanted by their descendants.

Lynette: I'd probably opt for the London Philharmonic or the Rolling Stones over Andre Rieu, but glad you enjoyed the concert!

Forestboar:  Surely you could give a deposition to satisfy the court? I can't imagine they wouldn't have some procedure to fit your circumstances.  Re the other stuff, what a bore, to think you have dotted all the "i"s and crossed the "t"s only to find there's more legal stuff to do!

Heather: Thank heaven for the grandkids!

Lindybird: Enjoy your time away; when will you be back home?

Had X-ray on knee and no obvious injury but likely creaky due to change in gait caused by sciatica, which has mostly diminished.  Got fringe trimmed this p.m. when I realized I couldn't see myself in the bathroom mirror, then home to exchange texts/phone calls re the news that Trump's alleged health-care bill failed, thanks to a lack of support in his own party.  Ho hum. What a surprise. As he said himself: Who thought health care could be so complicated.  Everyone but him apparently.

Here's to a good Saturday for all.

• Good Morning.  Awoke early today.  Must remember, everyone, that the clocks go back an hour tonight, so we lose an hour's sleep :-( EDIT :  I should have said "forwards!" -- it's too early for me to be lucid, obviously!

Annette - We came without a fixed timetable, and if the weather had been grim, would have headed back this morning, but as it's lovely we've decided to hang on until Sunday afternoon. We have to be back by Monday anyway, as my OH has arranged to give a friend a lift to the airport (Manchester Airport is not many miles from us).

Good that you got your knee looked at, and you know the score: hope it eases off some more now. I found that I was struggling to come down any kind of steep slope on our recent holiday, and it's due to an inherited knee weakness, so I know it's no fun.

Hope that Trump doesn't throw all of his toys out of the pram in frustration, now it's not going his way.

My d.in.law decided that as our little Amber is very bright, she would teach her the proper names for her body parts, right from the start, including the bodily functions. However, as "fart" does not sound good coming from a small girl, she taught her to say an alternative which has been in use in UK in the past ......... the staff at the nursery were falling about laughing the other day, as Amber had announced "Oh, I trumped!!".

• Lindy, please make sure you put your clocks forward an hour, and not back ... otherwise you will be very much against the trend tomorrow!  We always have people arriving at odd times at church twice a year.  I am going to a different church tomorrow so I must be even more careful about adjusting my clocks correctly!

• Oh, heck, Pat!!  I meant to say, "forwards"!!  - I did say you lose an hour!

• Well, perhaps time to bump us up!

ANNETTE- see what you mean about the knee problem. Good news about your whale count.

A whole 15 degrees here today:-) Youngest family have gone home, middle daughter has visited this afternoon. Tomorrow, eldest daughter wants to take me for a picnic as weather forecast is

good.

AQ- you will be longing for cooler temps. Up here, we seem always to be wishing for the opposite, no matter what time of year!

Best wishes to all -

• Expecting 37 C in city today. I hope it is cooler down south(high 20s?) for our bus trip to Goolwa. Bus has a/c but it's bit hot for rambling around towns. Woke far too early, now ready & waiting.