Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 March 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX!

The Spring Equinox is on Monday. Happy Autumn Equinox to AQ!

I hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful new season! It's finally SPRING!!!

Florida Panther, Everglades National Park, Florida
Florida Panthers are highly endangered.
U.S. National Park Service photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Typical Spring weather then, Chrisy!  Yes, we had a lovely drive over here, with lots of daffs waving in the bright sunshine on the verges, and the yellow gorse bushes just coming into bloom everywhere. I soon spotted my first black spring lambs!

The sun kept shining until darkness fell. We're so glad to be back again. 

I know the Theatre in Keswick, by the lake,  although I've never been inside. I'd love to have seen the play, it sounds fun.

• It is a really nice theatre, a lovely setting too of course. I like to go to matinees, the drive going there is good too.

• A beautiful part of the country:  I've had many holidays there, and days out, too, when I lived nearer, in Liverpool.

• Welcome home EJ.

Linda – Love the ponies. I think so much nicer than spindly-legged racehorses. I also like olden-days workhorses – Clydesdales, Shires, etc. A few Aussie breweries still have some for publicity purposes.

Dau told me that MissJ was enjoying herself singing loudly in the shower with words “I am in the shower . . I am in the showerer” and an occasional variation “I have a bare botommm”. Their neighbour, a mum with young children, probably laughed.

Low 30s, high humidity, feeling bleah. I’ve had enough of summer.

• Hi, AQ. I also like the big workhorses. I see huge shire horses often on the country lanes and small-town roads here, because the Amish community uses them to pull massive wagons loaded with lumber and other heavy goods.

Glad your granddaughters are thriving.

• Hallo all: Every day this week seems to have been "chopped up" into multiple appointments, meetings, etc that have had me going out and coming in then going out again and generally zooming about with no time to sit down in between. Just in from a meeting about possible effects of Trumpcare vs. Obamacare, but that all may be academic the way things are going in Washington....  Have a docs appointment tomorrow morning to check knee, which was hurting a bit but isn't now but don't want to cancel appointment just in case old injury is trying to make a comeback! Regretfully cancelled my volunteer gig in the p.m. as I really do need to rest before daughter arrives Saturday; we have a lot of running around to do next week.

So EJ is back. Whatta bird!

• Good Morning to All.   How nice it is to wake, knowing that our lovely EJ is happily installed at LG once more.

It's been a cold night - frost on the car this morning. But spring sunshine is forecast for the next couple of days, so we hope to enjoy the scenery here. Yesterday we could see the snow on top of the Snowdonia range, and this morning there is a cheery robin bobbing around outside my window as I get breakfast.

Annette - Try to pace yourself if it's going to be busy. Good that your knee is now behaving, hope it stays that way.

Diane -- Hope the work project is going well! I love those huge beasts with enormous fluffy feet, too. :-)

• Lindybird said:
    How nice it is to wake, knowing that our lovely EJ is happily installed at LG once more.

Tell me about it.  It's a wonderful feeling!

It's entirely typical that she waited for our main computer to go in for repair before returning!  This laptop is better than nothing but it's incredibly slow when I have the webcam up.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare - I've been worrying about Limpy, I do hope he's feeling at least a little better now. Sorry to hear that he has pain when driving :-(

• You're exceptionally kind, Lindy.  He's actually in pain all the time - some days are just worse than others.  Generally he just gets on with it, though he has some days where he literally takes half a day to get out of bed as it's too painful for him to move.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.