Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 January 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Hello to everyone, and I hope you all have a good week.

I thought I would begin the week by honouring Brenda. She was a wise and truly kind person, and she will be missed.

• Good morning, all.  It's the Birdwatch this weekend so I'll be topping up all the feeders and trying to find a spare hour to sit and watch them all - ours will probably be done either tomorrow or Monday.

I'm sad to say that the wonderful actor John Hurt has died, at 77.  RIP.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• It's official.  The new US President is from another planet:

Photo credit: Carlos Barria

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• LOL Clare!!

Good Morning, Everyone. Sad to hear about John Hurt, a talented actor and a complex man.

Had one of those nights where you're wakeful in patches, and 'dead to the world'  the rest of the night. Rather odd!

Enjoy getting out into garden, Annette.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!

Here's a suitable pic:

• Lindybird said:

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!

Here's a suitable pic:

Good morning, Lindy.  What year is it now?  I know we've just had the Monkey.

Love that panda!

• It is the year of the Rooster, CLARE or so I believe!

• Sorry, yes, I should have said!  A rooster.....  noisy blighters!! Full of themselves -  maybe the Year of Trump??!!

Expect he'll be on The News a lot this year...  

Hope you had a good outing with your son, Heather.

• Clare Bailey said:

Just have.....I've got none outstanding.

I have re sent!

• Son is staying for a long weekend, LINDY. He arrived last evening together with his brother in law. It was so good to see them and we spent a lovely evening eating pasties washed down with red wine :-)

Brother in law's wife found out she is pregnant the day before the boys left Shropshire so much - guarded - excitement. A much wanted first babe.

Today, they are off to Dalwhinnie. Distillery visiting. Eldest daughter and her OH are driving them. I have granddaughter Katie here for the day. She was due to spend the day with Amy, another granddaughter but poor Amy is unwell. This kind of thing affects her diabetes and her levels are all over the place, plus some ketones.

Sorry, I've waffled.

• Not waffle, Heather - nice family news. Hope all goes well with the babe. Nothing like a new member of a family to give everyone a spring in their step!

It's pouring down, here, with no sign of stopping :-(

• Keep checking to see if the rain has stopped and I can walk Benson, but no luck so far. 

LINDY  presume you are looking forward to Feb as it is nearer osp season and the better weather. I always think Feb is our worst weather up here. Thanks for enquiring about my jaw. Must admit I have been in a bit of pain and feeling fragile since Tues, but so much better and almost pain free today. Hope this will be the last day of ibuprofen and paracetamol.