Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 January 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Hello to everyone, and I hope you all have a good week.

I thought I would begin the week by honouring Brenda. She was a wise and truly kind person, and she will be missed.

• Lindybird said:
    What a shame that Johanna Konta went out of the tennis yesterday, she was looking so much more confident. 

She did better against Serena than the player Serena absolutely flattened in the semis.  I find it amazing that a Grand Slam final features two women in their mid-thirties!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• They're pretty amazing! In the usual turn of events, they should be far too old! so they must be very fit.

It's very cold here, as was promised. The cold wind goes right through you. Only a few more days till it's February, hooray!

• It has been so cold here I actually didn't go out with my camera!  I'm off to Minsmere tomorrow so the peace and quiet won't last for long.  I'd like to try to get around the Scrape and catch that glaucous gull which has been lurking - I've never seen one, though I've got a rough idea of what they look like.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• JANUARY

January, you're not my favourite month - in fact you are the worst.

If I could choose from best to less, you would surely be cursed.

You bring the coldest winds of all. To some, you bring the snow.

You keep us clinging to the hearth - outside we do not go

Unless we have to brave your threats, to get to work or shop,

And then, we wear our warmest vests, and on a hat, we pop!

So please, go away, having run your course of 30 and one days

Let February come, with snowdrops and sun, and the slightest of heat haze!

• Good morning, all.  Lindy, what an excellent start to my day!  I can't honestly complain about January, though, as every time it starts it feels like we're that much closer to the return of our birds.  I've also enjoyed the cold, clear conditions which have been the backdrop to so many of my photos this year.

• Good Morning, All.  Thanks Clare - you've certainly been using the conditions to your advantage to get some lovely images.

Cold & frosty here, again. Going to stay in and do some things from my To Do List.

Hope everyone is keeping warm, or in AQs case, cooler! Also hope OG is alright.

• Here's today's pic:

"I SEE MOST THINGS IN BLACK & WHITE, BUT THEN WHO DOESNT?"

• Hello everyone

Soup sounds good, LINDY. It is colder here today but bright and sunny. I'm trying to get motivated as my son will arrive late afternoon. My get up and go has got up and gone. At least I have written a shopping list, that is a start.

• Went outside to fill the feeders, and even with a coat on, couldn't believe how cold it is. At least it's supposed to warm up tonight: although sadly, the forecast here is rain, lots of it.

Heather - It's hard for all of us to have some get up and go in the midst of January, if it's any consolation. I put some crispy bacon pieces on top of my bowls of soup, as we had a guest. Yum! I've been trying to cut down on my calories as will have to fit into my shorts, soon, on our hols, but it's very hard when it's such chilly weather not to eat comfort food.

• You are so right, LINDY. January is a rotten month.

Son should be here about 5pm, he says. I think I'm going to have to paint a smile on my face - feeling very sad and weepy today. No doubt though, when I see his big smiley face things will be better:-)