Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 October 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

Hi, All.

It's been a long time since I've been able to start a new thread. I'm back at my home now. It should have been about a 45-mile trip home, but I got wildly lost on the prairie country roads near Lafayette. I thought I'd never make it home!!! I had to find my way back to the city and navigate the big interstate highways to finally get myself turned in the right direction. LOL

So far I haven't seen any squirrels, frogs, mice, or other critters in my house.

I will catch up with you all in the next couple of days. I know I owe folks emails, too.

Everyone have a great week!

Buck Deer in the Light of the Full Moon
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Info on the second massive cyber attack now in progress, affecting the U.S. West Coast and much of Europe: "The Department of Homeland Security told CNBC that it is "looking into all potential causes" of the attack. NBC News reported that one U.S. intelligence official said North Korea had been ruled out as a suspect.

The White House said U.S. authorities are monitoring reports of attack on the internet services company and whether it is a "criminal act," according to Reuters.

Many prominent websites including Amazon, Twitter, Spotify and CNBC.com were shut down for two hours Friday morning by an earlier denial of service attack. Amazon reported later that it was once again having service issues."  -- CNBC

• BRENDA   wonderful news, so pleased for you.

LYNETTE   Hope you enjoy your daughters birthday celebration

• Hi, folks. A third massive cyber attack on Internet infrastructure is now underway. The attacks are now coming from across the globe from tens of millions of IP addresses at the same time.  A key source of the attacks is the "Internet of Things" (DVRs, thermostats, appliances, printers, and other devices connected to the Internet). Last week, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security issued a warning about this new threat after the code for malware used in these attacks was published on the Internet. Info on what's happening HERE and HERE.

• Good grief!  I suppose in a way, it's inevitable - everything is now so interconnected.

• Hope you're having a good time away, Lindy.

I had to remove a small frog from my dining room yesterday. This is the second one that I've had to relocate back outdoors! I revere all of Earth's creatures, but frogs are not one of my favorites. Neither of us enjoyed the adventure. LOL

• Dau & her OH needed to shop for “big girl” beds at Ikea (near us), so she deposited twins with us and Miss5 in store creche. Twins didn’t miss parents at all, they had a great time with our toy box of puzzles, books (I must have read 9-10, sometimes 2 at once, each miss wanting a different book at same time. I don’t read the text, I ad lib from the pictures which makes it slightly easier!). OH took them to nearby playground until light rain. Then they played at disappearing under coffee table, giggling like loons. At home time MissL packed up the toys! MissJ was reluctant to go home, I promised to see her soon (3 hour nanny duty on Tues). Less than 2 hours and I am sooo tired.

• Good Morning.  Reports of the internet disruption this morning, on the News.

Dry here, but it was cold in the night - extra blankets on top of my duvet!

Hope OG is improving,and J is not too poorly.

• lovely dog walk with friend this morning, quite cold though.

• Yes, cold wind here. But lovely sunshine to warm us up a bit. Had a good walk on a beach and Bonnie found some doggie friends to play with.

Nice to sit still after lunch and laze with the newspapers, watching the man busy mowing all the grass around us......

Got excited this morning as I found some nice plain white egg cups....doesn't take much to get me excited, these days!