Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 July 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

• .... now that sounds as if I'm going to clean the k. floor with cotton buds instead of my trusty mop  --  no chance!!

• DIANE   Hope things get better for your bro soon.

LINDY   What wonderful christening pics.

• DIBNLIB - I wonder how you are spending this funny weather day!

• HEATHER.   They are filming Andre Rieu  in concert live at his castle in Maastricht and we are off to see it at Vue. 

Hoping for similar weather tomorrow as we are off to LG and taking Benson with us so he will have to stay in the car for a while. After seeing the Osps we will be meeting up with a cousin of OH who he hasn't seen for 37 years and I have never met. She lives in NZ at the mo and is having a UK break. She is coming to visit a friend of hers in Nethybridge, so not far from us at all. Her friend was on the phone yesterday when she suddenly gasped. Turns out her OH rings birds and he had just come in the house with a Woodpecker!!! Interesting !!!We will find out more tomorrow when we all meet up. OHs cousin is returning to live in the UK next year. Their house was very badly damaged in the Christchurch earthquake and had to be rebuilt and she doesn't want to go through that again.

• Enjoy, DIBNLIB. We like Andre Rieu concerts. So lively.

• Sounds great, Dibnlib - we love Andre Rieu and have lots of his DVDs. 

Enjoy LG tomorrow!

• This next post is for AQ, who has been busily sewing up knitted clowns for her granddaughters - and hating every minute!

• I'M SITTING......

I'm sitting here, stitching up a knitted clown
    Now, is that blue bit upside down?
    This whole things starting to drive me crazy -
    Why I began it - well, I'm feeling hazy.

First I sew this bit, then I sew that (is there meant to be a lump in the middle of his hat??)
    This is worse than smoothing icing flat!
    Some parts get lost, but then are found -
    It'll not get finished, I'll be bound.

Does the red part go on as his big nose?
    Are the green blobs going to be his toes?
    I have a lap full of small knitted things,
    Some look like legs - some like wings!

My patience is really wearing thin:
    I'd love to throw it in the bin!
    But I'll keep on trying, fumbling on
    Until all of the sewing's finished and done.

I'll pin this yellow bit on,
    Then stitch that one tight ~
    At this rate, maybe all will come right,
    Especially if I keep going all night!

Phew! Its really looking better now
    I've done it! - though I really don't know how.
    I'll stand him up, with a happy glow
    ----  Now I've only got five more to go!!

• Sorry to read about your brother, Diane. Diabetes does have its complications.

I hope he can be treated successfully very soon.

Lovely poem, Lindybird. Very descriptive of the job in hand!

Dibnlib/Lindy/Heather,   I hadn't heard of Andre Rieu. Something missing in my education, obviously.  I googled him. Sounds like my kind of thing.

AQ  I hope the girls appreciate all your efforts.

• Thank you, Rosy.

We first came across Andre Rieu when trawling the channels for "something to watch" and he was halfway through a concert on BBC4 . We were hooked, as they are joyful occasions, where you can see clearly that folks are so enjoying it they're forgetting all their troubles. Even the orchestra look as if they're having fun!