Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 July 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

• Linda -  I can't knit or sew anymore for laughing. Great poem.

The 2 clowns are standing propped on small table armless & handless. I have been putting off sewing up the hands; took the plunge yesterday to find I only had enough pieces for 2 hands not four. Current project for clowns is a string of sausages for the shopkeeper.

• Morning all: (well, it was when I started)

Brenda: I think you need one of the Japanese-made full-body inflatable airbags!

AQ: Thank you. I'd already had your wine and several other people's too.  :-)

Lindybird: Oh my! Another pretty Delilah - and what a lovely dress.  Your poem reminded me of why I wasn't any good at sewing or knitting.  :-)

AQ: Hmmm, missing hand pieces sound like something I'd make.

Heather:  Cotton buds to clean corners? It has occured to me, but it's the sort of thing I'd do only if I were selling the house. Lunch did sound wonderful.

dibnlib: Have fun tomorrow.

Busy here; about to tackle the BBQ....

• Good Morning Everyone.  Sun out at the moment.

Annette - the Christening dress was a sort of heirloom, as it had been her mother's. Sobering to me that I remember her grandparents wedding well, when Delilahs mother was only a twinkle in the eye of her father!

AQ -  Sausages!  -  and I never included a reference to them, LOL!

Hope that Brenda is feeling better today.

• Good morning. Well, not here, I tipped a whole cup of coffee over. Amazing how far it spreads.

ANNETTE - I so wish that we hadn't stopped using our barbecue. I might invite myself to yours. OOPS! Too late.

Off to do some cleaning (not with a cotton bud) before youngest family arrive back here for a couple of nights. They all went to Speyside yesterday. Or should that be 'Yesterday, they all went to Speyside'?! I've quite given up worrying about these things.

• Say it how you like, Heather!  If we all get hung up about grammar, we'll never write anything.

Enjoy your family visit :-)

I'm clearing out and cleaning, as Eldest and his family arrive on Thursday to stay here for a couple of days: they're off to  a wedding locally on Saturday, then going home Sunday. Looking forward to seeing little Amber!  :-))

• At last RSPB takes action on hen harriers and withdraws support for Deathra's 'Action plan' here 

• Thanks ALAN What a depressing read I hope things can be turned around in the future

• Sorry I haven't been on here today. Catching on up housework and laundry.

MARGO rang me a short time ago. She told me, by email, on Saturday that she was very short of breath and felt really bad. Anyhow, her OH had to take her to hospital Sunday morning. Her blood count and platelets were extremely low and she endured many tests. She has had two bags of blood and platelets and has also had a pacemaker fitted. She is still in hospital and is hoping that they will allow her home tomorrow or Wednesday. 

• Thanks for news of dear Margo, Brenda. Sorry that she has been so poorly, and I hope that she will be allowed home soon.

• BRENDA - so sorry to hear that MARGO has been so unwell. I hope that she will be back at home soon.

I'm glad that she has a pacemaker taking care of her arrhythmia. She does get very good care at her local hospital.