DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten nest ~ Saturday, 23 July 2016

Long periods of empty nest yesterday, but interesting activity too.

However I'm too tired to remember most of it, so here is Willow with EJ's lovely fish:

And, for anyone who can't catch up on the last page last night, here is EJ on the nest seemingly warning off the juvies with loud pipes, and, presumably Odin doing the same from afar occasionally:

Tonight we've had utter quiet and emptiness so far.

IMAGICAT

• Pre-script !!!

How awful that I got the IDs the wrong way around.  Not paying attention, you see, and attributing the ID according to expected behaviour instead of looking closely.

Fancy Rowan being so well-behaved while being fed, and fancy Willow tearing in and snatching the fish from under EJ and Rowan's noses?!

==============

Rowan Willow has arrived and taken command of the fish, squawling (not squawking, don't know what to call it).

What would you call it? 

Just a short clip of the takeover, EJ and Willow Rowan were resigned, but Willow Rowan can still be heard complaining loudly.

IMAGICAT

• Odin is alarm calling.

Rowan has had a wonderful time with his fish and is now protesting at EJ's arrival.

EJ didn't stay long!

IMAGICAT

• I had to take a kitchen break and heard a fish delivery - peeked over the top of laptop and it was Odin.  Now going to catch up.

No, it was Odin, but he'd brought a stick - but Willow made fish-delivery squeals, most misleading!

Odin didn't hang around, Willow obviously didn't want company ;-)

IMAGICAT

• Willow flew, leaving the fish on the nest, EJ soon took over:

Now EJ is feeding Willow:

However, it might be a good idea for someone, may be a team, to check everything I've said this morning ;--D

EJ is now alone on the nest again... that I am certain of.

IMAGICAT

• Took my eyes of it and now it's ODIN alone on the nest.  Contemplating.  Oh dear, the season is flying by.

IMAGICAT

• Just managed to catch a Jay before it flew - Odin had only just left :o

IMAGICAT