Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 March 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

The New Moon (the dark Moon) is on Tuesday.

Last week's chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week. Spring is almost here!!!

• HEATHER   OH will be glued to the England match and hopefully we will be at Mums in time to see the Scotland match tomorrow.

We really enjoyed Crufts last night. The Gordon Setter who won the Sundog group was so very beautiful. I cannot understand why they have become vulnerable. Hopefully seeing this glorious dog will help their case. We must make sure we are in the travel lodge well before 2100 tomorrow in time to see the supreme champion announced. I would be extremely happy if it was the Gordon Setter. Gun dogs have always been my love. Got to take ours out now for his afternoon scavenge

• I say his afternoon scavenge because where we were taking him is en route to the chippy and there are often things dropped for him to investigate. Today the track was litter free, I am glad to say.  As from today our walks in the woods will be much shorter. The forestry have cordoned off large areas where they will be felling and clearing until the end of May. Nightmare!!!!!

What a treat on this mornings walk. We had just got on to the track in the woods  when we saw a Red Squirrel doing acrobatics. He jumped from tree to tree, up and down branches and balancing on the very thinest of twigs, before disappearing. Weren't we lucky.

Minor incident in the house a few minutes ago. OH had just made tea and was carrying the tray into the dining room, when Benson dashed from under the buffet table and under OHs feet. How he stayed upright I have no idea and no breakages though there was milk all over the dining table. Lots of sweary words and Benson then took off to hide. All now forgiven.

• Morning all:  Fast-moving storm dumped between .5 and 1 inch of rain; not much, but with what we've had so far this month, enough to keep the garden happy through the Spring. Very unlikely now to get any decent rain before late October.  :-(

OG: Well I don't know. Maybe you were sitting down baking or something, but I had a definite image of you sitting doing something and it seemed like a really good idea!  They do move Ministers around a lot these days, what with search committees, etc.. When I was attending church (Catholic) growing up, we had the same two priests the entire time: Father Kersey (rather timid) and Father Galvin (who was rather stern and always sang the opening bars of the Credo off-key). Good luck with "the conversation."

dibnlib: What serendipity to see the dolphin fishing - a good memory for you. And the red squirrel too!  Have fun Monday with friend (and maybe her OH).

Lynette: I suspect I use my computer, iPhone, etc. at barely 25% of capacity.

Brenda: Nights are worse with any bug. I fired up the humidifier last night and still ended up sleeping - or trying to - in a half-sitting position, but at least I could breathe, sort of.  Nice shot of the interloper at Dyfy.

A San Francisco-area shelter took in a dog named Cora, then found she'd given birth very recently. They contacted the owner who agreed to surrender four pups, which were too young to be separated from their mother (owner sounds like a real idiot). Anyway, mindful of Lady Cora of Downtown Abbey, shelter folks named the pups Carson, Molesley, Branson and Edith.  Oh well.

Planning a quiet-ish day today with lots of water, tea, etc. and a nap.  Borrrrring!

• ANNETTE  hope you feel much better soon.

• Late again!  Had a day of sunshine and showers, so no gardening and quite a lazy day!

Lynette – pleased about your OH’s computer.  I confess that there is much on mine that I don’t use, and I have good intentions to learn more, but generally stick to what I know.  It’s really a luxury these days, but I would find life very dull without it!

Brenda – my, that was a dense fog where you are!  Sorry to hear you were not 100% today; I hope you haven’t got any worse.  Like the Dyfi intruder, such lovely feathers.

Heather – all the way to town for a baguette?   That seems a bit extreme; I hope he ate it all up – and a healthy filling too.

Dibnlib – pleased you are enjoying Crufts – not something I watch these days, but I do remember watching with my Dad in years gone by may have been in black and white!) – he enjoyed seeing the gundogs.  Sorry your woodland walks have been shortened – and I hope the harvesting won’t cause too much disturbance to the Squirrels.  Pleased there was no damage resulting from the tray incident with Benson.  Thinking of you for tomorrow!

Annette – sorry you are still struggling with the virus.  So glad the pups ended up in the shelter with their mother – people can be so ignorant and cruel.

Nearly bedtime now, and my eyes are ready – still reacting to the carpet!  Will go to church tomorrow, and J is talking about coming with us.  I still don’t feel entirely settled there, but while changes are happening, we can bide our time and see what happens.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!