Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 March 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

The New Moon (the dark Moon) is on Tuesday.

Last week's chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week. Spring is almost here!!!

• BRENDA - pleased your weather brightened up so much and you could take an afternoon drive to the coast; it must have felt so good after recent days of mist and murk, showers and storms.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Weather here today pretty nasty all day, but it didn't stop us having a good time. We lunched at Sutors in Cromarty and bought some delish "old gouda " cheese. We were going to walk Benson there but it didn't suit so we headed to Fortrose. Boy oh boy were we lucky. We spotted a loan dolphin meandering along, then suddenly it lunged and at the same time took a tight turn. It emerged with a large fish which it tossed twice, before disappearing, presumably to eat the poor beast. We watched the dolphin for more than 5 mins. In all our years of dolphin watching we had never seen anything like this before.

Our friends got in contact and she will meet us on Mon, though probably not her lovely OH as he is waiting in for a large delivery. He will contact the company to see if he can tie them down to a pm delivery,as at the mo all they have told him is anytime on Mon.  

• How lucky, DIBNLIB to see the dolphin with a fish! Glad you enjoyed your lunch at Sutors, haven't been there for ages. And also happy that you will see your friend as you hoped.

BRENDA- thank you for passing on our messages to MARGO. Good that you had a nice drive to the coast. It has continued dull here, all day.

Another week almost over, where does the time go?

• DIBNLIB - so pleased that Benson's dislike of walking in the rain at Cromarty led you to Fortrose and that wonderful sight of the Dolphin catching its fish!  A real treat for you!  Also glad you got a positive reply for Monday morning meeting with friend.

HEATHER - I hope your OH didn't have time to feel frustrated about lack of gardening weather today!  Mine got the Forsythia planted, and then had to go out in drizzle after dinner to water it: I insisted on the three bucketsful of water!  Pleased with how it looks there, and it frees up the large pot to move a Buddleja next, which has outgrown its medium pot!  Good to get these jobs done before work really begins on the land!

Chairs are now being positioned on their mats, and look fine - pleased we decided to do this to protect the carpet underneath.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Dibnlib, How wonderful to see the dolphin actually catching it's fish. Pleased that you will be able to see your friend.

OG, I hope your 'discussion' with your OH means that he doesn't take on too much. I remember when you both used to do so much, with the pressures that go with these ' jobs'.  So good that your OH planted the Forsythia, but I guess he was thrilled about the three buckets of water, especially in drizzle. LOL

• Brenda - thanks for keeping us up to date re Margo, it must be so frustrating for her.

Heather - OH picked up his computer today, they have managed to fix it so he is a happy bunny again. Windows 10 for what I want it for works ok for me, still getting used to it as there are so many other things you can do but I'm afraid I don't need or want a lot of the things so just use it for my needs - if that makes sense.

Dibnib - whatever you work out, hope you have a good weekend visiting relatives etc.

• Started off here foggy and damp, so dau went to work in it all but as the day progressed, sunshine came along with cloud cover. Reasonably pleasant day in the end.

Couldn't resist as its not long now.  Dunedin

• Good Morning Everyone. The fog is even more dense this morning. It was right up to the windows as I drew the blinds and curtains. Nothing planned for today, but I am sure OH will be watching the rugby. 

Annette, Hope you are coughing less. I woke up this morning feeling very congested and coughing. I will be glad when we can turn the heating off. 

•  Dyfy nest capture. Now on nest. 

• Good morning,

I hope that you haven't got the dreaded lurgy, BRENDA, and that ANNETTE's cough is easing off. LYNETTE - your OH will be a happy man,now that he can keep his cricket stuff up to date.

Weather here is dull and damp. OH asked me last night and again this morning, if I was going to walk into town so I guessed he wanted something, LOL! Indeed yes, a fresh baguette for his lunch. I will fill it, of course... The walk will do me good, I hate getting cabin fever as often happens at the weekend.

AQ - I am sorry that your daughter became unwell. It sounds as if she is run down and tired (like you!). My eldest daughter, who works in a nursery, is always getting colds and coughs caught from the little ones. The only thing that working parents keep their children home for is tummy bugs. Children with them must be symptom free for 48 hours before they cam return.

And BRENDA - I guess that my OH will be watching the rugby this afternoon. I will not.