Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 February 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

HAPPY NEW MOON on Monday!

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR -- The Year of the Monkey -- on Monday!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Everyone have a great week!

• Good Morning Everyone. Raining here. A very grey, dismal day ahead.

Margo, Good to see you managed to post this morning. What we discussed last night is the answer to your low platelets, so please don't worry. Enjoy Valentines day with your dear OH. I presume he is out doing the shopping right now :-)))   X

• Annette, Sorry about your broken nights' sleep. I don't think I would want to stay in a possible noisy hotel, where you will lose even more sleep.

OG, Pleased to see that  you are having dry weather and working in the greenhouse is possible. I guess it is cold though. I guess 'J'  enjoys his Saturday morning lie in bed. LOL.

Linda, Glad that the new fence is now working. You both, hopefully, can relax now. 

• Back again.  Breakfast was good – washing up done (apart from what’s in the dishwasher, which I have emptied and started filling).

Margo – sorry about the Hb and platelets.  Understandable that you are getting so tired, but pleased you can have both transfusions as early as Tuesday, and good that your OH can do the four-day week to spend time with you.  I hope you can enjoy the weekend.

Brenda – J doesn’t have a long lie-in at the weekend, as it makes him more reluctant to start again on Mondays, so just an extra ½ or 1 hour; he enjoyed breakfast and is now doing his ironing.

Now for coffee and a first hour outside.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Hi all

A beautiful but quite cold day here. OH and and I went food shopping. He really hates shopping, kept wandering off and then asking me what he could pick up - his way of shortening the whole thing!  He doesn't understand the way I shop, I do have a list but also like to see what looks good and then I will buy it and plan a meal around it while I shop.

MARGO- glad that your OH has shortened his working week. I wonder if you will get flowers! My OH doesn't even know about Valentine's Day. Or if he does he isn't telling....

ANNETTE- Earplugs I think! I hate noisy hotels, well I suppose we all do. I am in the process of booking flights and rooms for Bella's christening in April. Because of the date,only OH and I and my eldest daughter will be able to attend. Work, school etc stop the others from up here travelling to Shropshire. The christening is on a Saturday.

Everyone, enjoy what is left of the weekend.

• Very cold here.   Wrapped up well this morning and went to Wa****se to get their special offer for Valentines Day:  We don't really celebrate it except to get each other a jokey card, but we usually have something nice to eat on the day. I managed to get some lovely small racks of lamb, plus all the trimmings, and a nice raspberry & chocolate pud.  There was also a starter included in the offer, but I chose a nice Balsamic Onion and Cheddar Tart, so we can eat that for lunch instead.

Heather:  I shop the same way as you: I go out with a list but it often just says "meat" and I buy whatever I fancy, especially if its on offer!!  Then I choose things to go with it.  This means more browsing around, and drives my OH crazy as he is an "in there and then go out again quickly" kind of shopper. So I often leave him at home!!

Hope you can enjoy the Christening in Shropshire:  at least you can make a nice weekend of it, a mini holiday.

My Eldest has just sent me an email with attachment of little Amber taking some of her first hesitant steps across the floor!  Yikes!  She is mobile at last!

• My wonderful OH has given me a dozen red roses. We have an M&S dine for  £20 deal,steak, chunky chips and mushrooms.with a lemon tart for sweet and red wine. Starter is antipasti which we will probably have one lunchtime.

Have a nice evening all.

• Well, “best laid plans…”.  The afternoon turned wet (and cold) so we didn’t get back outside, therefore we were pleased to have managed some work this morning.  Instead, we have made a little more progress on photos – as with cormorant pics yesterday, why so many Otters this time – and Ducks – and Herons – and Geese?

Linda – sorry, I posted just after you this morning; I hope your dry weather continued, but , yes, it has been a very cold day.  Balsamic onion and cheddar tart sounds good.  We have chicken tomorrow – with just a bit of haggis (frozen leftovers) for flavour; no pud, except maybe some raspberries at teatime.  Good to see that Amber is walking now.  It seems that the extra fence height may have stopped Miss Bonnie in her tracks, and maybe some of the extra can be removed as she gets older and heavier – or maybe just grows up! 

Heather – good to have plans to make and to look forward to family event later this year.  A pity the family can’t all be there, but good that you will have one of your Daughters with you.  Where will you fly to for Shropshire?

Margo – enjoy your flowers and hearty meal!

OH just caught another mouse – four this week – but he unfortunately let it escape, still in the garage!  Think we might have to take Diane’s advice and get mothballs to deter them!

• OG- Birmingham is the airport I usually go to. About one hour (or a bit more) from son and family. Could go to Bristol, cheaper, easyjet, but a longer drive. Son could arrange to work in Bristol on the Friday and Monday and transport us. We just haven't decided yet.

You might like to look up the church where christening will be, St Peter's,Worfield. A twelfth century building. DiL and her late mother were choir members here and it is the church where son and wife were married.

A quiet afternoon here, today. No visitors! First time this week. Love to see family but sometimes nice to just be on our own. OH has managed to prune the pear tree this week but not much more. It is -1 just now, a cold night ahead (for us, but not for DIANE)

• HEATHER - pleased you had a quiet day today - and that your OH pruned the pear tree - I hope that didn't involve climbing!  I think we are staying at home tomorrow morning to plant the Nerines which seem to have been waiting a while to go into the large pots which were cleaned this morning.  There is only a short church service, followed by a members' meeting which wouldn't involve us, so OH says it's not worth trying to get me up and ready in time!

• Brilliant sunny frosty day up here with a hill walk where you could hear the crunch of the snow and frost under your feet. Days are getting longer I have a holiday to look forward to so the winter blues are disappearing . Minus 2 with snow forecast tonight and tomorrow .

Margo enjoy your " dine in" gave up with them as the veggie options are so boring and they assume the 2nd diner is also a veggie which is not the case here. Most of the portions you can't split to have 2nd veggie option another day. I liked the old days when they didn't do an option so always gave me a £5 voucher.

I did go retail yesterday and had a quick look in Didnlibs favourite shoe shop just to see their new seasons offerings. Enough to say I didn't leave empty handed.