The Tantalizing Reed and a Pair of Braces

It is getting warmer at Old Moor - well it is for me and those beardies. Today a rush of excitement (pun intended) as a male bearded tit rattled his reed. I was there, right in front of it. But could I see him? Nope. But I am getting warmer , ever warmer. I did spot this little chap from the reed bed screen doing a beardy impression though.    

Having watched some entertaining coot-tastics  from the reedbed hide I decided that it was time to go back to the bittern hide to warm up with my limp sandwich. (Note to self, next time use the Old Moor cafe!) . I was not expecting to see a pair of braces though.  

Although it was rather nippy round the nether regions I stayed for some time watching the colours of the water as the light  changed. Then I managed to get a sequence of tufted duck shots  - going, going ,going. 

So even though I still have not seen a beardy (so near, so near)  and with a lack of unusual visitors, it was yet another good day out at Old Moor. Looking forward to the bittern season :-) 

WildeBeasts