What is happening to some of the photos, they keep disappearing then coming back, or is my computer.

Dearne valley
  • It's not your computer Ken, it happens to mine too. In answer the the question, I don't know, but I have tried to alert the IT folk who administer the site via their 'survey monkey' form. The attached file is a screenshot of the DV media gallery from last night. As you can see, several files are 'missing'.

As you know, it's not just a question of missing thumbnails, the link is missing too, making it impossible to access a file (or look at a picture as we might say in non-IT speak). My only advice is 'wait' because whatever topples the system generally sorts itself out by the following morning. This makes me think it might be something that happens when a number of folk upload files at the same time: I run server and website from my home and am familiar with the behaviour of some sysems in this respect.

I hope, at least, it helps to know that it's not just you.

• Thanks for that Andrew at least put my mind to rest. Whilst I am on can I just comment that this is the best site for photos and up to date happenings, at an RSPB reserve.I have only been a member for 12 months, but the assistance from everyone I have met there has been great. Thanks to all who post photos and the ones who do the blog. Keep up the good work.

• That was an incredibly well-timed thank you Ken. It's great to know the work is appreciated. :)