Visit to Old Moor with my RSPB Local Group next Saturday

I'm visiting Old Moor next Saturday with my RSPB Local Group from Newcastle Upon Tyne next Saturday. This will be the Group's first ever trip to Old Moor. There are a few of the Group that have booked lunch their, but not many, as most like myself prefer to be birdwatching. I will buy something from the cafe late on Saturday afternoon before our departure back to Newcastle. i'm really looking forward to the coach trip there next Saturday.

Regards,

Ian.

• Hope you enjoy its a fantastic reserve, and the staff are the best, we are going back in November.Hope you see the Bittern & Kingfishers.

• Well I have been lucky enough to see the Bittern years ago back in the early 1970's at Leighton Moss and it was right in front of one of the hides. I would love to see them again. It's a two and a half hour journey from Newcastle, although the 49 seater coach is having a short stop on the way. The coach is leaving at 8.00am and the field trip is a sell out with a small number from the Newcastle Group on the waiting list.

Regards,

Ian.

• I'm lucky enough to have OM and the other Dearne Valley reserves on my doorstep. They are great places and always interesting things to see - birds and other stuff! The staff are always welcoming and helpful. I hope you all have a good visit.

• I really had a fantastic time at Old Moor  yesterday with the Newcastle RSPB Group and saw lots of wildfowl. Hopefully I will visit again in the future with my RSPB Group from Newcastle on Tyneside.

Regards,

Ian.