What are the reasons for the Visitor Centre closing on Monday and temporarily discontinuing of the daily sightings blog?

What are the reasons for the daily sightings blog at Old Moor temporarily discontinuing and also for the Visitor Centrs closing for part of the day next Monday and then only having a limited menu? It just seems curious that both have happened together more or less at the same time and I wonder if it's possible for a clearer explanation for the reasons why.

Regards,

Ian.

Regards,

Ian.

• Hi Ian

I'm not sure why the sightings are down at the moment - I'm not working on site very much as I'm on secondment to a national project for a few months.

Regarding Monday though, I do know they are having a team meeting. They are not easy to hold and get everyone there when the site is only closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day. So very occasionally, it is easiest to close the shop and café for a short while and open slightly later.

The side gate will be open so people will be access the reserve as usual.

Hope that helps - at least for half of it!

Matthew

• Hi Ian,

As Matthew has said, we are having a full staff meeting that day so it would be difficult to provide a full cafe menu.  The side gate will be manned by a volunteer for the period of the centre closure.  We will also need to close the visitor centre on Wednesday for a stock take in both the cafe and shop and I'll be putting out a notice about that soon.  

The sightings blog is down temporarily simply because due to staff and volunteer holidays and commitments we don't have enough cover each evening to get the blog up on the community pages.  This situation should change quite soon and we will be back to normal service with our regular bloggers.

Thank you for bearing with us during this temporary disruption.

I promise we'll be fully open when you visit us with your local group on the 18th :-).

Liane

Visitor Experience Officer