Well what a day!!

Not been to Old Moor for a while now, but decided to return on such a beautiful day, being yesterday.

Must admit, I was anchoring after the Bittern, but got there to find they now look like they are breeding so to protect their interests the immediate area had been closed off (Rightly so).

So just recovering from "Manflu" I walked up to the hides with Paul of OM RSPB, thought I was gonna need oxygen!!, lovely chap Paul by the way!! I plonked myself down and did not plan to move until I was due to go home. This restricted the possibility of varied sightings, but hey, did I enjoy my day!

From the mating ritual of the Crested Grebe, to Guls fighting and taking in nesting material, a stand off between 2 Canada Geese on one of the islands, a Black Necked Grebe who dare not come near for us to view close up.....how rude!!! LOL. Chicks were in abundance and it was great to witness the very clever guarding and parental instincts of the Greylag. Loads of fly byes including the Plover and Cormorant etc, plus loads more.

You know what, next time I go I am taking the ring flash and macro gear and having a totally different day!

Great to be back...

The Grebe image is, as usual only Low res, but several shots from my day out are on my Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/cjpk1/

Please at least move on one image more on my Flickr when you have finished, that is if you decide to look at the other images from the day at Old Moor of course and see my loving Jess, a shot I now treasure!

• Hi Cris - glad to hear you had such a good day at Old Moor yesterday - fabulous set of photos on your Flickr pages - I especially like the coot 'running' over the water and the BHG shots.  Lucky you being able to watch the grebes doing their courtship dance.

Hope the manflu is going now, and you are feeling a bit better today.  Been to Old Moor myself today after a few weeks away and had such a great day - spent quite some time chasing willow warblers and butterflies and the odd dragonfly or two!

See my Flickr photos here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115745582@N04/