Brilliant return to Old Moor!!

Wow!

I am going to have a night in tonight editing what must have been one of our best days ever at Old Moor! My Bro and I have not been to OM for ages due to commitments, but the continued return of the Sparrowhawk to the Garden hide just made me make time today and what a day.

The Sparrowhawk returned 5 times today between 10am and 3.30pm, once sitting for about 3 minutes and the rest as fly byes and one swoop for a blackbird which it missed by an inch!! It also sat just 10ft above us briefly, but flew as soon as the cameras were turned on it.

There also was so much else to see inc: the normal, Tits and Chaffinches etc and then the Dunnock, Wren, Bullfinch, Spotted Woodpecker, Pheasant, obviously the Sparrowhawk, a very curious Magpie, Squirrel and a Rabbit. We didn't move from the same hide all day apart from getting a lovely Coffee and a "slimline" chip butty from the cafe. (Brill service by the way!)

I will be doing a garden bird study for my Flickr late tonight, as there were some lovely poses captured.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjpk1/

A lovely return! "Old Moor, I have missed you!!" Glad to be back.

Below portrait of "Alf"