New Find

I only found this great place yesterday (5th September). I was driving by when I noticed some signs for the reserve. It was 5.30 am and I had just driven over the Woodhead from Manchester. That made me 3 hours early for the meeting I was to attend nearby so I pulled up at the front gates which were unfortunately locked, the sign stated they don't open until 9am... :( So when I noticed a footpath I got my camera and went for a stroll...I found a place adjacent Old Moor called Bottom Ings. The River Dearne runs under an old bridge there and it was really heavy with mist so the visibility wasn't great. I could hear but frustratingly not see hundreds of water fowl. I managed to get a few reasonably good photos though, the mist seemed to actually add a bit of atmosphere to some of them... When I got back to my car it was about 7.30 am and I noticed that a few cars were in the car park within Old Moor and the gates were unlocked but closed together. The mist was lifting and it was very tempting to just go into the reserve but time was now against me and I had to scoot off. I am going back there on Sunday morning (8th September)...and hope to experience the Old Moor Reserve in its entirety...weather permitting of course...
Roynsam