New Website

I think that Bridgeman is being very kind to whoever is responsible for the new website. I am inclined to be more blunt - it is a total disaster!! Bridgeman has only described the roundabout way necessary to get to the photo gallery and the problems encountered when one eventually arrives (5mm square thumbnails)

I find the problems more far reaching and list a few more here:

It takes an absolute age to move from page to page. ( I have a 100mps broadband account and use an i5 processor with 8G memory and 2T hard drive).

My profile has disappeared and been replaced by a message saying that I haven't entered one. This applies to many members but not all.

My personal page seems to include a complete list of every photo I've ever posted together with every comment made about them. If this applies to every contributor on the RSPB site then no wonder the site is slow!

It also tells me that my language is US English - that must be why I get a wriggly red line every time I spell colour with a 'U'.

My list of friends is an unintelligible list of 'computer speak' with no recognisable (red lined again - s instead of z) name among it. 

The personal message page no longer lists messages by the heading, but by the first line of the message which again I find irksome and unfriendly.

Even our resident weekend blogger, Nicola, is unable to post pictures on the blog site!

Come on you guys responsible for this mess. Give us back the simple to use, friendly, fast website we used to have, before we all migrate to another more usable site!