visit to Coombes Valley

Hi

Just to say after a resent visit to Coombes Valley it was a off the cuff decision  to call in as i have passed the signs on a number of occasions and always meant to stop and have a look round.On arrival to the visitors center it was wonderful to meat Jone Ayres a center volunteer,we wear made to feel very welcome and the visitors center was lots of fun for us and our 5year old.The Barn owl project sounds grate and the nest box camera we be super viewing,as the visit was a few weeks back this should be up and running and i hope Jone and the rest of the team get some grate images.We will be planing our next visit very soon.

Thanks

Alan Marsden.

• Hi Alan, it's great to hear how much you enjoyed your visit.

The barn owl camera is up and running and we have TV screens for viewing the live nest box feed from the comfort of our visitor centre.

If you come and see us on a Thursday, Saturday or Sunday over the next couple of weeks (until 12th August) you can take part in our 'Creatures of the Night' Date with Nature.

We're bringing night-flying moths up close for you to discover that they're not all boring and brown!

We also are getting visitors hands on with owl pellet dissection too!

If you come on any other day of the week, you can still see the owl camera footage though!

You may also like to come along for our Summer Fun family events which start very soon. All the details of our forthcoming events are on this link

www.rspb.org.uk/.../events.aspx

I'll also pass on the great feedback to Jone.

Hope to see you soon

Mark Day

Visitor Engagement Volunteer

RSPB Coombes & Churnet Valley