• First Show the Love, then Save the Date!

Show the Love! 5 - 24 February  It's that point in the year again when we encourage you to take the time to celebrate all the things you love that you want to protect from climate change. 2019 will be Show the Love's fifth anniversary and each y...
  • 10 things we've done about climate change

To mark the 10th Anniversary of the England and Scotland Climate Acts that came about in 2008, we take a look at just some of the work we have done (and continue to do) to tackle one of the greatest threats to wildlife, and arguably the big issu...
  • Campaign Diaries: Natasha joins the HQ Campaigns Team

Campaign Diaries: Behind the scenes with the Campaigns Team In the first of a special series of blogs we take a look behind the emails, actions, and our work to save nature; and introduce you to some of the names and faces we meet there. With no furt...
  • Let’s keep the pressure on for an environmental watchdog with real teeth

Christopher McAteer, our nature recovery campaigner in Northern Ireland, gives us an update on the progress each of the four nations of the UK has made since we asked you to call on your politicians to work together earlier this year. Back...
  • Westminster Government announces consultation on new Marine Conservation Zones

Guest blog by Gareth Cunningham, Senior Policy Officer * Update: The Wildlife Trust's online action is now live * Britain is home to over 8 million seabirds and is one of the most important countries in the world for species such as puffins...
  • Your fantastic impact so far on the future of our countryside

The UK Government’s consultation on the Future of Food, Farming and the Environment closed on 8 th May, having received over 44,000 responses . Almost 6,000 of those responses were your personal views : the responses you sent made up over 10% of...
  • Save the triple-protected Coul Links from becoming a golf course

**The Consultation is still open. There is still time to make your voice heard** To the south of Loch Fleet, near Dornoch on Scotland’s north east coast, sits Coul Links. It’s a mosaic of interlinked different dune habitats, transitioning...
  • Why farming matters for nature

As we look ahead to a future outside the EU, the nations of the UK are beginning to consider some of the biggest potential changes to agriculture since WWII, putting a system that enables farmers to grow food and restore nature within our grasp. But...
  • Have your say on single-use plastics

With all the recent publicity on plastic pollution we thought you might be interested in having your say and sharing your views with the Government. Marine plastic pollution is an increasing visible global environmental issue in our seas. In the Spring...
  • Show the Love reaches all the way to the Prime Minister!

Welcome to the Show the Love finale! Grab yourself a drink and some nibbles and without further ado let’s head on over to the green carpet at the inaugural Green Heart Hero Awards ... Hosted by Clive Anderson in the spectacular Speaker's...
  • Show the Love 2018: our favourite bits!

Another Show the Love week has come and gone and we're already missing the daily deliveries of fabulous crafted hearts that have been landing on our desks for the last 5 months! Next month we'll have the final figures and highlights from The Climate...
  • Help make sure our wildlife laws are worth more than the paper they’re written on

We need your help to give nature across the whole UK a real chance to recover and flourish in future. Don’t live in England? Find out how to get involved in Northern Ireland , Scotland and Wales too. The four countries that make up the UK are...
  • Let’s make our nature laws worth more than the paper they’re written on

Northern Ireland Campaigns Officer Christopher McAteer explains why we need your help to secure the one thing that gives nature across the UK a real chance to recover and flourish in the future. Don’t live in Northern Ireland? Find out why this...
  • Ask the Heritage Lottery Fund to continue funding nature

Funding for nature and our natural heritage is on a knife-edge and we could use your help. Can you spare a few minutes to remind the Heritage Lottery Fund how important a thriving natural world is to all of us? Since the financial crash in 2008, spending...
  • Get involved in Show the Love from 6-14 February

Help us turn red hearts green around Valentine's Day — show the love for the things you care about that are at risk from climate change. We know that climate change is one of the biggest threats our wildlife faces. But doom and gloom messages...
  • Reflecting on our 2017 campaigning

It feels to me like 2017’s been a year of both progress and uncertainty. There’s been lots of positive talk, but not yet much concrete direction, on what the future for our environment will look like outside the EU. But in the absence of clarity...
  • Our love for your green hearts, and a nature crafting challenge

Updated 15 January 2018 - We've now got crafters for every single species on our list - thank you so much to everyone bringing these species to hand-made life! Back in October we invited you to help us Show the Love alongside millions of others...
  • It's #InOurNature - is it in yours?

After decades of decline, nature in the UK is at a cross-roads. At this time of political change, we have a duty to encourage politicians not only to secure our current environmental laws, hard won during our membership of the EU, but to go further. ...
  • The nature of farming: what you told us

The RSPB does a lot of work on farming and food, from science to identify what’s causing wildlife declines on farmland to free advice which helps farmers protect and restore wildlife on their land to ensuring all our reserves cafes meet the Food...
  • Get crafty about climate change and help us to Show the Love next February

Every February, for the last 3 years, the RSPB has joined in with the 100+ other organisations that make up The Climate Coalition (of which the RSPB is a founding member) to Show the Love for all the things you care about that are affected by climate...
  • You have the power to really make a difference for nature

With over 25,500 emails sent, reaching every MP in the country and several MPs talking about the environment in the first Repeal Bill debate, it's been a cracking start to the campaign. However, it's a fact of life these days that MPs are inundated...
  • Ask the MoD to act on acacia to save birds’ lives in Cyprus

Every autumn, the UK Sovereign Base Area of Dhekelia on the island of Cyprus witnesses the greatest and most concentrated illegal trapping of migrant birds across the whole of Cyprus. Rows of mist nets are strung between planted invasive Australian acacia...
  • I have a campaigning confession to make...

I have never been to see my MP. As a campaigner I feel like I'm letting the side down a bit here! Not only have I never been to see my MP, I haven't even written to her! Ever since Heidi Allen MP won in South Cambridgeshire in 2015 I have been...
  • If you had £8 billion a year how would you help nature?

Unlike some countries, we are very lucky when it comes to water in the UK. We don’t have to think too hard about where it comes from, it is just there when we turn on a tap to brush our teeth, run the bath or step into the shower. We all know that...
  • Here's our 2016 highlights!

I don't know about you but 2016 hasn't always felt like the best of years, not least with the loss of so many well-loved names and faces. But it's worth taking a look back to remind ourselves that it hasn't all been bad. There have been...