Big Garden Birdwatch 2014!

Register for Big Garden Birdwatch 2014!

• Big Garden Birdwatch 2014 is taking place over 25-26 January.  Last year an incredible 589,000 people took part in the Birdwatch, submitting records from almost 300,000 gardens and parks! 
  • Register now to receive your free guide and £5 RSPB shop discount.  You’ll also get an email reminder just before the weekend itself so you don’t forget to take part!  (NB you don’t have to register to take part in the Birdwatch)
  • This year, we've made it even easier for you to send in your results – using our new online bird counter, you can simply record the birds as you see them (even on a tablet or smartphone!).  The bird counter will be live on the Big Garden Birdwatch website over the Birdwatch weekend.  
  • Alternatively, if you simply want to input your results online after taking part, this option is still available.  And of course you can still send us your results by post if you prefer. 
  • This year, we are also asking you to tell us about other garden wildlife species, such as badgers, hedgehogs and frogs.  We’re not expecting you to see these creatures in your hour watching, but we’d like to know if any of them visit your garden, and if so, how often.  We’ll be sharing these results with our conservation partners, including People’s Trust for Endangered Species and Amphibian and Reptile Conservation.

• Hi everyone, here is the 2014 counting sheet....hopefully this works!

• I'm been having problems this morning accessing this website and I'm now having problems registering to send back my results.

• Hi all, I'm also having problems submitting my results on-line. Tried to register on the Big Garden Birdwatch page, but it didn't want to accept a password containing symbols and then it wouldn't allow me to continue. When i tried to register again, it now says my email address is already registered, but it does not recognise my password. When i chose an option "Forgot my password", it does not recognise my email, and says i need to register. Very confusing!

• Hello everyone,

would you please tell me if I am allowed at all to register for submitting my results? I am here right in the middle of Germany and have done the Big Garden Birdwatch here as a sign of solidarity (and because I wanted to know some figures for myself). Normally I would have done it for our "NABU" here in Germany, but somehow I missed the announcement for the event in the newspaper, and so I did not take place there. Being so far away, it does not really make sense submitting my results, does it?

However, I learnt a lot today, and it was quite a challenge.

I'll keep my eyes open for the final results.

Good night for now,

Bente

• Hello Alan,

thank you for the reply. I am not disappointed, for I expected this. And none of you has to be afraid of getting jealous. I have already looked at MC's "Low turn out..."-Thread, so I know what some of you have seen, and I have added my results. There was nothing special.

Thank you very much, and to all of you, who have not already counted their wildlife: I hope that many special birds come to you today!

Kind regards,

Bente

• A quick question - I'm counting the birds not only in my garden but in the small wood immediately beyond our back gate, where we have a couple of feeders.  Am I correct in describing this as 'other'?