Your best three photos for the month of June 2018

It's that time again for your best three photos. Looking forwards to seeing them.

Party time tomorrow so I am starting this thread tonight :)

The best of May thread is Here for 2018

My three.

• Lovely choice of photos Jim;

James G said:
    Party time tomorrow so I am starting this thread tonight :)

I'm partying tomorrow too so I'll add mine now ;  hope you have a great time Jim.

Amazingly, all three of my choices are pretty rare sightings - generally speaking.

No.1 has to be one of the young Cetti's Warbler doing a little wing stretch 

the next has to be the unexpected visit to our garden from a juvenile Crossbill or two ……. or three  

and another special garden visitor and temporary resident was a Purple Hairstreak butterfly which unusually landed at ground level - they spend most of their time in the Oak tree canopy.    

• Very nice Hazel, three nice finds and your young Cetti's Warbler picture is getting about a bit too :)

Post Edit.

Just going to were the fire was at the back of my sisters it’s another sisters 60th Birthday so having a party so plenty of beer and food so I will be staying the night even if its only a mile away from here lol

And hope your party goes well too :)

• James G said:
    three nice finds and your young Cetti's Warbler picture is getting about a bit too :)

I took a lot of photos of the young Cetti's Warbler but first time I put the wing stretch one on here although Jon Carter from LM put it up on Twitter and I added it to Flickr. so maybe that's where you saw it before.    I'll be adding the wing stretch (or one of them to our L.M. visit thread as it wasn't till day 3, 4 or 5 that I saw it  and haven't got that far yet in the post !  

• Its on facebook too :)

• James G said:

Its on facebook too :)

It wasn't me who put it there  lol   I'm not on FB;         I handed over the photo of Jon.C.  so it probably went several places !     

The best time to see the Cetti was when you were down at the Salt Marshes Jim so if you manage to get back soon head to the dipping pond between 7am and 9am and good chance it will be there as you enter the dipping pond boardwalk (in trees/shrubs on right)     Better hurry before it grows up  lol 

• My three are all from my visit to Slimbridge last weekend.

Med Gull in full summer plumage

Black-tailed Godwit practising  some new ballet moves

Spoonbill doing what spoonbills do ..... waving that bill about

• Fantastic pics Tony,  three really special birds.

• Here are my 3 photos

Short eared owl, hunting in the late evening

A hare siting at the side of the road

And finally, a curlew

• I've had some really good bird sightings this month but most of the best photos are actually insects. However, this Piecatcher has to go in. I'm the first to admit it's not a brilliant photo, but for me it was the best sighting I've had this year!

I'm really not sure if this Four-spotted Chaser wasn't able to pump itself up properly but it does make a really dramatic insect shot - taken at Darcy Lever Gravel Pits

And I was able to fill the frame with this feeding Silver Y moth at RSPB Dove Stone

So there you have it, last month I said any month with a Cetti's in it deserves to get on the thread …. and this month I have another Cetti's and it hasn't made the cut!! Teach me to keep my mouth shout :)