Your best three photos for the month of June 2018

It's that time again for your best three photos. Looking forwards to seeing them.

Party time tomorrow so I am starting this thread tonight :)

The best of May thread is Here for 2018

My three.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• A lovely variety of shots this month, lots of different species.

My three favourites are:

Red Squirrel

Herring Gull (2cy)

Mute Swan family

My bird photos HERE

• Very nice Tony.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Very nice Martin, love the curlew picture.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Nice catch with the Piecatcher Nige.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Very nice captures Paul A, love the Mute Swan family picture.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Once again, some hard choices.....

But it has to be the cheeky grey squirrel....

And the juvenile goldfinch taking a bath on our pond fountain....

• Green Woodpecker, two gardens down from mine. Normally quiet and secretive, two of them flew around our gardens for some minutes either upset at each other or my cat. This one settled on the branch for a couple of minutes! Uncropped image first.

Now with woodpecker cropped out.

Southern Hawker near Moor Green Lakes reserve car park. I've renamed this as per Mike B's suggestion. I am now in the domain of the uber experts. Actually, I even managed to get the name wrong first time. I should have written Golden ringed Dragonfly, not yellow ringed. DOH.  Still pleased I have a Hawker!

Nightjars, RSPB Warburg.  I have a couple of other photos with two Nightjars in them. They might have better background lighting, but the Nightjars were gliding and so could have been anything. These are sort of recognisable as Nightjars. Taken last night (3rd July) when it was 10:15 pm and  quite dark.

I'm still getting used to my new camera, a Canon EOS 800d which I got last Thursday and used to take these photos. Somewhat hugely better than my ancient Canon EOS 350 which it replaced.

Angus

90% luck, 5% field craft, 5% camera skills.

• @Angus, good to see a juvenile Green Woodpecker. Perhaps it was having a dispute with a sibling or maybe its parent was trying to drive it away.

BTW I think your dragonfly is a Southern Hawker.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Unknown said:

I'm still getting used to my new camera, a Canon EOS 800d which I got last Thursday and used to take these photos. Somewhat hugely better than my ancient Canon EOS 350 which it replaced.

Angus

Nice photos, as with everyone else's selections.
    I had to look the spec up of the 800D, a nice camera, very similar to my 750D, except you have Bluetooth as well as Wi-Fi.
    If you've got a mobile phone or tab, then look for the "Canon Connect" app, not only can you download photos to the device, you can remote shoot as well.
    I find it very handy, and if you look back at the photos of the juvenile goldfinch I posted to this thread, they were taken using my mobile to remote shoot,  with the 750D on a tripod, which meant the juvGF could do its stuff on the fountain and I get the piccies.
  • great selection of photo's,  here's my offering. 

Common Blue

Whitethroat

Swift

cheers  Terry

my photo's here