No job hunting today just bird watching including a Brambling.

Hi Folks

I needed a break from Job hunting as it was getting me down, it appears once over 50 no one wants you, good jobs wildlife is not ageist as I found out today and a local reserve I often visit, Warnham Nature Reserve near Horsham Sussex. I will let the photos do the talking for a change rather than one of my long winded reports lol.

Dunnock

Greater Spotted Woodpecker.

Female Reed Bunting.

Male Reed Bunting.

Siskins everywhere

These Redpolls have discovered the new "chinese finger puzzle" style feeder.

Siskin and Redpoll.

Long Tailed Tit.

This Pheasant was so full of himself he would not even look at me.

Female Blackbird.

Goldfinch and Redpoll.

Chaffinch.

Female Brambling

Here she is again amongst some Chaffinches for a comparison.

She came a little closer for me to get some better pics.

Finally one for Monkeycheese.

Regards

Shane

Regards Shane

My Photos in Flickr.

• Shane, I'm so sorry nobody has had the good taste to give you a job - there just aren't enough sensible employers about nowadays.  I can honestly say we get the direct benefit of this as we get to see your beautiful photos!  I hope something comes along for you soon.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Cheers Alan.

The sun certainly took my mind off the cold but then again so did all the birds including the trapped Redpolls, they were greedy little blighters and stayed on the feeder for around 20 minutes.

Regards Shane

My Photos in Flickr.

• Thank you Clare, Its a strange world out there, the young struggle for work as they have no experience and those with experience (16 years in last job) and my age are considered too old. Thanks for your kind remarks about my photos, taking them, sharing them and knowing they are being enjoyed is a real "pick me up".

Regards Shane

My Photos in Flickr.

• My husband was made redundant when he was nearly 57 so we know what it's like.  I've had people turning me down for 'someone more junior' since I was 30!  Happily my current place of work is much more enlightened!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Great photos Shane, love the Redpoll as I never see them in the garden and don't the Siskins look colourful,  hoping the flock we are enjoying stays a while longer.        BTW, sorry about the job search disappointment, I can understand how frustrating it must be but remember that we want you on here whether your 50 or 100 years old  :)   Good luck on your next application.

Regards, Hazel 

• Truly lovely pics Shane - shame you can't get a job in wildlife somewhere - surely they're not ageist!!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• What sort of work are you looking for?

• Fluorescent siskins. Love 'em. Thanks for the robin, very handsome.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Great photos Shane. Love the pheasant. I had one visit every day for 2 years, called him Percy, he got quite tame and would come running when I shook the feed bowl. Hope something turns up for you soon.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Really beautiful photographic diary of your day, Shane. Those Siskins are really colourful and it's nice to see a Brambling. I haven't seen may of those this winter.

There's nothing like a bit of wildlife watching to raise the spirits when you get a bit fed up.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream