No job hunting today just bird watching including a Brambling.

Hi Folks

I needed a break from Job hunting as it was getting me down, it appears once over 50 no one wants you, good jobs wildlife is not ageist as I found out today and a local reserve I often visit, Warnham Nature Reserve near Horsham Sussex. I will let the photos do the talking for a change rather than one of my long winded reports lol.

Dunnock

Greater Spotted Woodpecker.

Female Reed Bunting.

Male Reed Bunting.

Siskins everywhere

These Redpolls have discovered the new "chinese finger puzzle" style feeder.

Siskin and Redpoll.

Long Tailed Tit.

This Pheasant was so full of himself he would not even look at me.

Female Blackbird.

Goldfinch and Redpoll.

Chaffinch.

Female Brambling

Here she is again amongst some Chaffinches for a comparison.

She came a little closer for me to get some better pics.

Finally one for Monkeycheese.

Regards

Shane

• Good luck with the job hunting - in the meanwhile keep the photos coming. Birdwatching's great for taking your mind off things

• Great pics Shane. I was made redundant at 50 but found another job which took me in a different direction and has kept me happy for a further 10 years. I'm sure there's something around the corner for you too and in a few years you, like me, will be able to look back and laugh.

In the meantime you have your love of birding and wildlife and I'm sure that must be giving you the peace of mind that it gives me.

Regards

Ian

• Don't let the job situation get on top of you, mate. One day it will happen. Meanwhile, enjoy your days out.

Great photos as always and looks like you had a great day out. Bramblings? Argh! At least you didn't see any Waxwing! :)

I went down to Amwell today and had a good time myself. No decent photos, though. But did see Bittern; Little Egret; Goldeneye; Water Rail; Oystercatcher; Snipe; Sand Martin and Marsh Tit. Warm in the sun but cold in the shade!

When aiki gets back from the Highlands we should do Rainham.....

• Thanks Hazel for your kind comments on the photo's and your right the Siskins were looking great in the sun and thanks again for your kind remarks about my job hunt.

• WendyBartter said:

Truly lovely pics Shane - shame you can't get a job in wildlife somewhere - surely they're not ageist!!!

Thanks Wendy, that sort of job would be a dream unfortunately they are few and far between locally.

• Clare Bailey said:

What sort of work are you looking for?

To be honest Clare it has now got to the stage where i am looking for anything as long as it's work.  

• Unknown said:

Fluorescent siskins. Love 'em. Thanks for the robin, very handsome.

Cheers MC and your welcome for the robin, there wera a few around the feeders and they seem to tolerate each other within reason,

• Lynn L said:

Great photos Shane. Love the pheasant. I had one visit every day for 2 years, called him Percy, he got quite tame and would come running when I shook the feed bowl. Hope something turns up for you soon.

Thanks Catlady, Pheasants are such stunning looking birds, no chance of them visiting our garden though living in the middle of an estate, so I envy you.

• Unknown said:

Really beautiful photographic diary of your day, Shane. Those Siskins are really colourful and it's nice to see a Brambling. I haven't seen may of those this winter.

There's nothing like a bit of wildlife watching to raise the spirits when you get a bit fed up.

Cheers TJ, It was nice to get out in the sun, normal weather again this morning though, grey and wet typical lol.

• Unknown said:

Good luck with the job hunting - in the meanwhile keep the photos coming. Birdwatching's great for taking your mind off things

Cheers JK, and I could not agree more about birdwatching.