Plants, flowers and shrubs 2022; Share your photos here

After a successful thread started back in March 2020 at the start of the first lockdown, its probably about time to start a new one for 2022. Thank you to all for your contributions, no matter how small or big, each has been valuable and interesting, and hopefully you will continue to contribute to the 2022 thread.

The old thread: Plants, flowers and shrubs; Share your photos here can be viewed on the link below

https://community.rspb.org.uk/chat/f/the-tea-rooms/206836/plants-flowers-and-shrubs-share-your-photos-here#pifragment-4313=1

I'll kickstart this thread with some snowdrops that have come out in flower, crocuses will be out in many places soon, and then daffodils, and many more to follow throughout the year, and it will be nice to see what wild or garden plants, flowers or shrubs you come across on your wanders or around your garden. Without these plants, flowers and shrubs, nature would struggle to survive, they all a part of the valuable cycle of life, insects need them, birds need the insects, and so on through to the mammals,

I mentioned daffodils, these shoots are growing very well among the snowdrops, and  it won't be long before the bluebells start showing shoots...

• Some wild Plants weather there seedling or adult are clever in that they have hairs that catch small particles and things like ice and water droplets abit like us if you think about it since our eyelashes and hairs on our skin do the same thing. Its interesting living things have evolved this mechanism 

This seedling zoomed in from the frosted out pot that has melted has survived too which I also think is interesting aswell

• This is very interesting 

This Wildflower may not have survived the long period of snow or sleet and ice but however

This one next to it did. I wonder why that would be? 

• In the Border This Wildflower  Survived

Sorrel

• So far in the garden Iv only had to take out 2 wildflowers one was the same as the one in the bucket above that looks like dandelion leafs

And With the seedlings that arnt Nasturtiums more have survived than ones Iv had to take out. Even ones of the same species as the other.

It’s interesting the Sorrel Survived the frost aswell as most of the seedlings so it seems a couple of them have also managed to survive the frost. it’s also interesting one of the flowers that were completely covered in sleet or snow then frozen by ice in my pot also survived. Now it’s as if nothing ever happened and there just continueing as they were before the frost. After frost it rained. The water probably melted the ice on the leafs not just ontop of the plant. Which could be one of the reasons for its survival maybe

• "So far in the garden Iv only had to take out 2 wildflowers one was the same as the one in the bucket above that looks like dandelion leafs"
    They probably 'are' 'dent de lion', 'lions tooth', or otherwise known (in the UK) as 'dandelion' ["the same as the one in the bucket above"].
    Many 'seeds' infiltrate our 'cultures/seed beds' (especially the 'airborne' variety).

There are two main types of 'plant genus' and the difference between them is great.
    We have 'annuals' and 'perennials' and each type has a different method/means of/for 'reproduction' when 'gardening'.
    'Annuals' rely upon 'seed distribution' from 'the previous year' to provide 'this years' 'germination and growth' for the plant to survive. Thus, "the genus" always 'evolves' dependant on the 'pollination' that the 'flower' received to form 'seed'.
    However, 'perennials' also have this ability, but live for more than a year. Thus, the plant can be "spliced" into an acceptable 'root' that continues their continued growth.
    I'll continue this later.
    Best regards Ray Dart (AKA suricat).
  • Well. A "Merry Christmas" to every one here!!!

Thank you for your kind inclusion to this thread Zo, but I'm not sure that I'm welcome here. I'll repeat an earlier post that I attempted to make elsewhere.
    When I can find it. : ).
    Kindest regards, Ray Dart (AKA suricat).