2022 YEAR LIST - here we go again:

New year - new blank list:

We started early- team of 4 and did a  traditional Jan 1st route  around the NW corner of Norfolk

8 1/2 hours and a  Chinese takeaway later it was 100 spp , 

The weather and wind direction were against us and some staked out regulars let us down - but it was better than last years !

Best birds were SEO, Tree Sparrow, Great Northern Diver , Black Necked Grebe, Cattle Egret, Bullfinch, Nuthatch, Marsh Tit.

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Sounds like a great start to the year Seymour, due to a bit of a flare up with my Crohns Disease we never got to make a start until yesterday afternoon only to find that both the local hunt and a shoot had been in the area of our local reserve. Birds understandably were a bir thin on the ground but we did manage 40 as some birds were heading in to roost.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Got to 107 with Goosander and Common Snipe while out with a newbie tday :)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• We managed to add Common Snipe and Shoveler to the list yesterday, it's freezing fog here today so I'm not sure if I fancy going out far.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• I went out early- ( misty) and did a few places I don't do very often

List is now 112- includes Treecreeper, Velvet Scoter, Snow Bunting :

S

• I went out early- ( misty) and did a few places I don't do very often

List is now 112- includes Treecreeper, Velvet Scoter, Snow Bunting :

S

• We spent a couple of afternoons at nearby Fountains Abbey looking, unsuccessfully, for the Hawfinchflock seen recently and managed to add Pochard, G C Grebe and Peregrine to the year list.taking it to 56. Not up to Seymour's numbers but we have not been far from home yet

Pete

• WEMS!!!!!

116 ( RSPB Fen Drayton) 

S

• S, Is there more of a story behind calling Smew WEMS other than liking saying it backwards, please?!

Kind regards, Ann

• Hi-

we used to use it as teenagers- it sounds silly :)

S

• Who was responsible for naming Bearded Tits I wonder as neither seems applicable ! Reedlings seems more apt but I think there should be a competition by BTO to come up with a more suitable title; .............
    my submission would be (tongue in cheek of course). "Pinger" and the offspring could be called "Pingerlings" LOL

Regards, Hazel