Coach trip to Holy Island

My local RSPB Group from Newcastle are due to be visiting Holy Island on a birdwatching coach trip tomorrow. The forecast is dire with torrential rain all day. I hope the forecast is wrong. I haven’t as of yet heard about the trip being cancelled, so I presume it’s still going ahead.

Regards,

Ian.

• It is a pretty exposed place Ian but maybe that is why we spend good money on weather proof clothing. There are a few decent cafes on the island for a warm up the Manor Hotel being one of our favourites even stopped the a few years ago for our 40th wedding anniversary. If you can get the coach to stop a while at the ends of the causeway the strong winds often blow interesting birds in. Enjoy your day !!

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• It's lovely place and as Seaman says, very exposed so it will get the best, or worst depending on your perspective, of the winds. I was there October 2010, a lovely sunny day but with a bitter wind. BTW, Lindisfarne Castle is well worth a visit if you ever get the chance.

Hopefully you managed to get there, if not, have a look at Lindisfarne Album for a view of what the island and causeway looks like.

• Well, it was quite grim on Holy Island today. It rained continuishly with heavy rain at times. We saw the odd seabird and other wildlife, but it certainly was a day for waterproofs from top to bottom. During the 5 and a half years I’ve been a member of the RSPB Group today was the grimest days Birdwatching weather-wise ever. No real rarity’s, but we did see 100’s of seals through 1 of the local group’s members scope. At the end of the afternoon after a full days coach trip we spent a short time in one of the tea rooms.

Regards,

Ian.

• I'm sorry to read about the weather, hopefully the tearoom made up for the disappointment

• Sorry to hear the weather was not good Ian, shame its a nice place and I'm sure you would have seen a lot more this time of the year.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group