Coach trip to Holy Island

My local RSPB Group from Newcastle are due to be visiting Holy Island on a birdwatching coach trip tomorrow. The forecast is dire with torrential rain all day. I hope the forecast is wrong. I haven’t as of yet heard about the trip being cancelled, so I presume it’s still going ahead.

• It is a pretty exposed place Ian but maybe that is why we spend good money on weather proof clothing. There are a few decent cafes on the island for a warm up the Manor Hotel being one of our favourites even stopped the a few years ago for our 40th wedding anniversary. If you can get the coach to stop a while at the ends of the causeway the strong winds often blow interesting birds in. Enjoy your day !!

• It's lovely place and as Seaman says, very exposed so it will get the best, or worst depending on your perspective, of the winds. I was there October 2010, a lovely sunny day but with a bitter wind. BTW, Lindisfarne Castle is well worth a visit if you ever get the chance.

Hopefully you managed to get there, if not, have a look at Lindisfarne Album for a view of what the island and causeway looks like.

• Well, it was quite grim on Holy Island today. It rained continuishly with heavy rain at times. We saw the odd seabird and other wildlife, but it certainly was a day for waterproofs from top to bottom. During the 5 and a half years I’ve been a member of the RSPB Group today was the grimest days Birdwatching weather-wise ever. No real rarity’s, but we did see 100’s of seals through 1 of the local group’s members scope. At the end of the afternoon after a full days coach trip we spent a short time in one of the tea rooms.

• I'm sorry to read about the weather, hopefully the tearoom made up for the disappointment

• Sorry to hear the weather was not good Ian, shame its a nice place and I'm sure you would have seen a lot more this time of the year.