Birds of Prey in Bexley/Greenwich

Sure, I’d be happy to help with that. Here’s your text with corrected grammar and improved clarity:

I am relatively new to birding, having been at it for about a year now. This morning, I went for a walk in my local woods, Bostal Woods, and caught glimpses of a large brown bird of prey making its way through the woods. It then ascended until it and a 'friend' were soaring in circles above the woods. The parakeets appeared particularly aggressive towards them. Based on the best views I could get, these birds appeared to be Buzzards. However, I would greatly appreciate it if someone else who has seen them in this area could confirm that they are indeed Buzzards, and if not, what are they?

It is absolutely magical to realise that we may have large birds of prey this close to London. I hope they feast on some parakeets, as their population seems to be increasing continuously.

Many thanks in advance, 

Christine

• ChristinePhillips said:
    Sure, I’d be happy to help with that. Here’s your text with corrected grammar and improved clarity:

I don't know what to make of this comment in your post - please explain.

If this post is serious then Buzzards are a possibility as they are one of our most common birds of prey. An outside possibility are Red Kites which are being seen quite frequently even in more urban areas. 

ChristinePhillips said:
    I hope they feast on some parakeets, as their population seems to be increasing continuously.

Sparrowhawks or Peregrines are probably the only avian predators which would potentially prey on parakeets. Buzzards (or Red Kites) would never catch them

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Hi, Thank you so much for your response! I think they were buzzards based on their size and colour. Red Kites with their distinctive tails I know quite well and I don't believe these were them.
    Apologies the '...grammar...' bit at the top was a bit embarrassing as I double checked my wording quickly before sending the comment but in doing so, included the grammar tests confirmation that the check had been done. Confounded

• Not to worry Christine, I got a bit suspicious that this was some sort of AI generated post.

Good that you are seeing Buzzards in the London suburbs. Feel free to let us know what else you see and join in with any chat on birds or wildlife

Tony

My Flickr Photostream