Yellow and black magpie

Hi there, 

new to this group but would like to ask if it’s common to see a magpie that is canary yellow and black instead of white and black. It’s been visiting the garden for the past 3 days. 

• Not at all boring Andy, good to know he/she still viisiting!
  • Oh wow no I have never seen one like that!
  • Annoyingly I won't have nearly as much time to skulk around my garden, camera In hand, as I'm back to work tomorrow after my summer holidays. However I'll continue to try and get a decent pic here and there and report on the little yellow fella's progress for as long as he / she hangs around. Happy to say we've managed to keep the dog's food well out of reach, hasn't even had a sniff recently! There seems to be a few of these guys about judging from Becky and Debbie's sightings, and I wonder how many go unnoticed or unreported? Would be very interesting to hear of more and hopefully see someone else's photos. In the meantime, here's one more from me!

Andy

• Just the sort of areas a lot of us try to avoid Robbo but it does make you wonder what is out there but never reported. At Autumn migration time we try to spend time on the Yorkshire coast and a couple of local groups try to get non birders interested. They get quite a bit of interest from people like local ramblers and dog walkers some worthwhile following up.