Page 3 Gear Pin up!!!!!!!!!!

Phoooar!! Look at the legs on that!

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Anonymous
    0 Anonymous 12/12/2010 23:35 in reply to seymouraves

Hi Seymour

Is this new slinky model to replace your old model or another model altogether LOL

We decided to not to take our model out with us today as there would be a group of us visiting along with us on afternoon trip to Paxton Pits (do you know the place at all?) 

We felt there would be enough 'leggy' Scopes about, along with the wardens to help etc...

Regards

Kathy and Dave

•  

Hi-

that is my new scope- got a great trade in on the old one :)

I always take my scope because I like to

1- get a good look myself

2- be free to make my own decisions- sometimes I *dispute* the ID from the leaders of walks

:)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Anonymous
    0 Anonymous 12/12/2010 23:53 in reply to seymouraves

Hey Seymour

Nothing beats viewing a bird through a scope. The detail is incredible. I haven't got one and don't expect to get one any time soon, but when kind people let me look through theirs, I always get a buzz.

Will you let me look through yours if I ever get to your patch? I'll bring cake.

Pip

•  

Hi-

I always let people look down my scope - see my 'scope stories' post in Gear guide soon :)

I'll take the cake anyhow.

:)

S

•  

My scope  Bins and Tripod

Cheep and chearfull set up but works fine for me

Bins are Praktica  WPR 10x 32 Scope is Barr and Stroud 15to 45 by 60 and the tripod was free gift for signing up to a years Birdwatch mag

Stay on case came with the scope .

Works fine for me

Cheers

AL

If its no fun Yer no doin it right!

• Anonymous
    0 Anonymous 13/12/2010 00:38 in reply to AL

Hey AL

Looks like fab gear to me and well good enough for your excellent birding adventures.

Hope I can come and have a go sometime, to see your wonderful Scottish birds.

I'll bring Jaffa Cakes

Pip xxxxxxxx

• Anonymous
    0 Anonymous 13/12/2010 00:52 in reply to seymouraves

Hi Seymour

Wow now that is what I call a great model, very leggy, and a great make too.  It makes a persons day when you can get the optics that you want.

Good that you got the trade in for your old scope too!!!  Was it done through advertising somewhere (Dave asked me this question)?

Yes, it is a great reason to dispute a leader when out in a reserve.  The leaders of walks tell you a lot of information and you know in your own mind that even they do not always get the species right.

We have to buy a better Scope ourselves through some point in our birding life and we will post it on this thread too LOL

Regards

Kathy and Dave

• TY Pip

Yer welcome any time chum Jaffa cakes or no  lass :))

Cheers

AL

• Anonymous
    0 Anonymous 13/12/2010 00:59 in reply to AL

Hi Al

Great to see your Scope - looking good from here and it is well maintained

Any more 'piccies' scopes anyone - that is what I love about this thread we can all compare our optics

Optics rule okay in the birding world.

Regards

Kathy and Dave

• ty Kathy  :)

Cheers

AL