Spammers/trolls and the need for a trustee administrator at weekends

Dear Mods,

Now that you're back from your weekend off, and you've had a chance to see what this (supposed) pigeon fancier called "pigeon" has been up to, would you please reconsider the need for a Trustee Administrator to take care of the situation at weekends.

I gather this has been suggested before but obviously got the thumbs-down.

Of course you might need 2 or 3 trustees, to cover weekends away, holidays and the like.

We've done our best to steer newbies round this idiot, but there'll always be some people that either get upset (see what he's doing) or bite the bait, and even leave because the site has insufficient control when lots of people are at home and want to look in.

It's now school holiday time, and decent youngsters might easily be put off by this stuff.

Even when you've blocked this one, he could tell his mates to have a go, or some other unconnected lowlife might even get on here

Thanks for reconsidering the position.

Regards,

Jackdaw

Seriously thinking about trying harder!

• It is in the Website Feedback forum, so it should get read anyway, otherwise no point in having a website feedback forum!!!!!

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Patricia M said:

Don't see what difference it makes when I post it. I can always bump it up.

If twerpy decides to post on this thread, they'll see it straightaway.

Fair enough. As long as the Mods see this and deal with it quickly. Good on you Alan bump it up first thing Monday.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• ClaireM said:

However, I think discussion should be left until Monday. The Troll is probably getting great satisfaction from reading all the comments.

Fair enough Claire, but he'll be booted off anyway soon enough and we can tolerate quiet ignorant smugness till then.

It's the future that I'm concerned about.

Cheers,

JD

• Patricia M said:

They might not like it 'cos it wasn't their idea ... hopefully they'll see sense

And they don't like being criticised ...

Just a  little unfair Jackdaw, sometimes they are handbound by corporate ideals and unable not unwilling to act on suggestions. For myself I have always found them receptive to viable solutions and constructive suggestions

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• Well, we'll see.

Maybe when the I-Ams above them see a few samples of what's been posted they'll change their minds.

The RSPB is unfortunately just another big business, granted with some better ideals than most

• I was very upset by the first of his posts that I saw. I will ceratinly bump this up on Monday morning - I'll log in at aroung 5.30 as I am a bit of a lark and will see it keeps to the top till I leave at about 7.45.

Jenni

God gave us two ears and one mouth for a very good reason!

• I agree with a previous post that consideration ought to be given for the forums to be restricted to RSPB members, just in case this happens again.

Ian.

Regards,

Ian.

• If they do set up a mod from the forum it needs to be someone who is on line quite a lot and knows their way around the system,

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Hi Alan I have been out all day and am so sad to see what has been going on.

To all our lady members who have been upset and to all the members who pay to voice their opinion I believe the only fair way to proceed is to give a voice to the members only.

This is the first forum I have been on that isnt for members only and I think as there are record numbers of people joining the RSPB this year then it is time for a members only forum.

Mitch

• If MrsT was unable for some reason to do anything about the troll, then I can't see the mods appointing any 'trustee mods' to do the job for them. However, this particular troll highlights the need for something to be done to prevent this kind of thing happening.

As Graham recently said the RSPB are responsible for whatever is published on here, so the buck stops with them.

This troll has deliberately broken their terms and conditions and has posted defamatory comments about many Community members. This shouldn't be allowed to happen for such a long period of time between Friday afternoon and Monday morning.

Best wishes Chris

Click Here to see my photos