getting the correct forum

When I log on to forums, I can't see  where there is a list of headings. I want to ask a question about plants and send photos. I have tried the tea room but can't see a place to attach photos. Can anyone help this idiot?

isn't wild wonderful

• min said:

When I log on to forums, I can't see  where there is a list of headings. I want to ask a question about plants and send photos. I have tried the tea room but can't see a place to attach photos. Can anyone help this idiot?

There is a map.  It is a pity it is not actually built into the software.

Whashould really happen is that we have what I would call a "top down" tool. When I suggested such a thing yesterday TPTB did not seem to understand what I meant.

• Thanks Alan you will probably see by my next message that I am still struggling but have least fond the drop down list to attach pics-although it didn't work for me!

isn't wild wonderful

• XP thanks

isn't wild wonderful

• No Alan, I am sat at the PC trying. I put them into paint, couldn't see any resize handles where the 'help'menu said.Typed in new sizes but asll it did was crop off modt of the picture

isn't wild wonderful

• Thanks for your interest tried-given up!

isn't wild wonderful

• Thanks I sm now so mind boggled I have given up

isn't wild wonderful

• PS Doggie - what's TPTB please?

:-)

Andy

Seriously thinking about trying harder!

• I have been using this forum for about 6 weeks and I am still baffled by the layout of the site. As it is not obvious where to find anything, why doesn't the main menu on the home page have drop down menus showing groups, forums etc?

Min, you are not an idiot. You need a lot of time to investigate where everything is stored on this site.

It is not intuitive.

If you go to three of the main menu items in turn 'Wildlife' 'Chat' and 'About', you will see that each of these options has a sub menu with a tab called 'forums'. Click on the forum tab and you will see a list of the forums belonging to these titles. If you would like easy access to these forum lists, click on the option (top right) which says 'add group to favourites'.

Then no matter which page you are on, there is an option at the top of the window with a black background and the words 'Favourite places'. Clicking on this will show you a drop down menu of all the forums you have selected as favourites, enabling you to choose one.

I hope this helps a bit and isn't even more confusing.

bye for now

• Alan, there is something odd here, this thread showed 2 subscribers on my screen this morning before I sent a post even though there were already 4 subscribers, it now says 3 subscribers when it should say 5....... am I going nuts? careful now, no rude comments, this hour of the morning!

bye for now

• Hopefully the mods are reading this.

1. In trying to help Min, I have found out something else that's a bit odd about the favourites list. I have included 'About' in my favourite list and although 'About' comes up in the black drop down menu, the forums don't.
    2. I invited a forum member to be a friend yesterday. In the past I have received an email and a message from the forum member accepting my friendship. This time, although the forum member is listed as a friend on my page, I have had no email notification. Is this an error?
    3. There are threads I have subscribed to in the past which I am no longer receiving email notification to. As a result I have missed some important information, because I haven't always time to go through pages of threads to see if there is any activity on them.
    4. Perhaps you could also check the counter which is being used to list the number of subscribers. It doesn't see to work properly. Not a serious problem, but if it's wrong, it's not worth having.

bye for now