Why has my Thread been Locked

Anonymous
Anonymous

I started the thread Getting Hacked off with this Now, and it has been locked WHY

My thread was not a repeat of unable to load Pictures, which I know you are looking into, It was about the slowness of this site, the only site I have a problem with! I know I am not the only one.

Graham Bird ... I do not accept your reply, I also take great exception to the way you lock threads and the arbitrary way forumites are being treated now.  I and others cannot get the site to load, so your attitude which conveys the impression of " well not our problem"  lets lock the thread ! has made me re evaluate my continued desire to participate in this forum. I firmly believe that  that the fault it is in this site.

For your information it is my intention to cancel my RSPB membership, I would rather my money goes to an wildlife organisation who are more appreciative of their members and who do not indulge in " Bully Boy"  tactics.

• Hi Kat, I don't think this issue is as simple as duplication of threads.

Graham,

No solution has been posted.

I am not sure whether you are confusing justified criticism with insults. If a post is deemed abusive you have the power to delete it.

No information has been given at all about any possible reasons that a good number of people are unable to access this site in a usable way. I did notice in another thread that when a very obviously competent technical person made strong representations about the photo problem, he was replied to with the utmost respect and provided with appropriate information.

I agree with Rhona that this behaviour by locking threads in this way is quite disrespectful to members.

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom" - Wlliam Blake

• Unknown said:
    As I mentioned I was in the process of merging two threads on the same issue. As it happens the Slow site thread had a link to Borderslass's thread but this has been removed now that the threads are merged.

Hi Graham,

I can't see any merged thread that hasn't been locked. I notice you have now locked all the threads concerned with the slow site but have as yet to tell us what the latest position is.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Hi ClaireM,

The third reason for locking threads was:

c. there is nothing further to add until we have investigated the problem

That is the case here. We know the site is slow for some people. We do not know why (yet). We are doing our best to resolve it.

Got some feedback about our community? Let us know in the Feedback forum.

• Linda - I'm sure I read on one of the threads they are seeking assistance from the manufacturers of the software because of some of the issues.

• KatTai said:

Linda - I'm sure I read on one of the threads they are seeking assistance from the manufacturers of the software because of some of the issues.

Kat - Yes, you did read that somewhere or other, but it was referring to the issue of non-loading photos. Graham was adament at the time that the site wasn't slow and even showed us a graph, blaming the slowness on people's broadband speed. It appears he now accepts the site is slow for some people but has not offered us any further information and has locked the relevant threads..

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Hi Graham,

It's good to know the problem is being investigated and is not necessarily due to our ISPs or lack of patience by the poster.

Your post is the first confirmation that the problem was being taken seriously.

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom" - Wlliam Blake

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 05/07/2011 22:42 in reply to Sparrow

Hi Graham

I can see all the viewpoints on here...folks...yes merged posts of the same information are a good thing to happen on here.

IMHO it is not what is said here... it how you say it come to mind.  You can have a healthy debate without any OTT remarks that may not go in anyone's favour.  Just less implusive thought's over discussion... comes to mind that may go against the grain with people

Me, noir, being a non-confrontational type of person (take note!!!) I prefer to see the positive side of issues that bug people on here - and it is noted that way

There just needs to be some more 'moderator' debate about how to handle issues that bug us as members and there are plenty now - as shown on here

Maybe a thread on the top five RSPB 'bug' issues to be resolved on this Forum might spring to a positive way to a solution here - but stick to the top 5 and do not go off topic as it confuses issues once more - and there are plenty at the moment to go off-topic.

just a thread to amalgamate all problems here in one would not go amiss, along with a voting system (bug bearers) would be a good thing too... or of a similar ilk.

Regards

Kathy and Dave

• cjbeady said:
    It's all about birds

I'm not sure about that either

Best wishes Chris

Click Here to see my photos

• Well we certainly cannot carry on like this as some are obviously very upset by mods actions and think I would just like to ask those members leaving to please reconsider as feel sure they have made a good point that will be taken on board by mods and ask the mods to be more considerate how they treat members at this difficult time.

The worst of all worlds is that at the moment members cancelling RSPB membership and in my opinion the grass roots wardens etc deserve our continuing membership as they are so helpful.