Why has my Thread been Locked

Anonymous
Anonymous

I started the thread Getting Hacked off with this Now, and it has been locked WHY

My thread was not a repeat of unable to load Pictures, which I know you are looking into, It was about the slowness of this site, the only site I have a problem with! I know I am not the only one.

Graham Bird ... I do not accept your reply, I also take great exception to the way you lock threads and the arbitrary way forumites are being treated now.  I and others cannot get the site to load, so your attitude which conveys the impression of " well not our problem"  lets lock the thread ! has made me re evaluate my continued desire to participate in this forum. I firmly believe that  that the fault it is in this site.

For your information it is my intention to cancel my RSPB membership, I would rather my money goes to an wildlife organisation who are more appreciative of their members and who do not indulge in " Bully Boy"  tactics.

• Blimey,

Are you all leaving?

H

• Hi Borderslass,

There is already a thread called Slow site in Technical problems - I am in the process of merging these threads. We are still investigating the problem.

Threads are locked in Technical problems when:

a. a solution has been posted, or

b. the thread has degenerated into insults or gone off topic, or

c. there is nothing further to add until we have investigated the problem

This is to aid other users trying to find answers to technical questions. It is not meant in any other way.

Got some feedback about our community? Let us know in the Feedback forum.

• Unknown said:
    For your information it is my intention to cancel my RSPB membership

Surely being a member of the wonderful conservation charity that is the RSPB is about doing the best for the wildlife we all love - not just about messing about on this forum. Stop visiting this forum if there are issues that concern you - but to cancel your membership is an over reaction.

It's all about birds - not about this web site.

CJ

• The RSPB used to be all about birds. Are they still? I wonder ....

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Graham - can I suggest when a members thread is locked due to duplication that the individual locking the thread creates a post with a link to the original/main thread rather than simply locking the thread.  This could easily avoid situations like this from occuring as I'm sure most people would understand their thread being locked if it is a duplicate of an issue already reported, and would appreciate a direct link to the original thread.  

• Hi KatTai,

It's a good suggestion and in fact this was done. As I mentioned I was in the process of merging two threads on the same issue. As it happens the Slow site thread had a link to Borderslass's thread but this has been removed now that the threads are merged.

:)

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 05/07/2011 22:02 in reply to Sparrow

Hi Sparrow

My views too - it is the subject of birds that brought us all together as members in the first place - nothing else at all.

Let it remain that way, and the technical issues will be resolved in time

Remember the website was upgraded in May this year so it is still new, and is still having teething problems still remain.... as they are at the moment.

I will keep my fingers crossed that all will be sorted in due course, and this Forum will improve - speedwise and we will all enjoy it for its merits.

Regards

Kathy and Dave

• As a newish member, it will have a hugely detrimental effect on me, and my enjoyment of the forum if people pull out. Surely if something is to change it is only possible to change it from the inside? Also I don't believe cancelling membership of the RSPB will change how the forum is run. It will just reduce the support we give to our British birds. Please re-consider leaving the forum (Alan you were the first person on the forum to answer my post), and double please re-consider cancelling your RSPB membership. Treble please.

bye for now

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 05/07/2011 22:09 in reply to KatTai

CJ This is not a petty reaction to my  thread being locked! or messing about on a forum

Over a period of time I have become more disenfranchised with the way the RSP operate as a whole, the slowness of the site  is also not my only concern I assure you.

There are other conservation projects out there that need support, and are just as worthy I for one intend to support them

• I am now going to move this thread out of Technical problems.