Speed !!! more the lack of it

I have found this site interesting entertaining and compulsive ,I am sure that I cannot be the only one that find's  a High Profile site like this run by the RSBP so infuriating as to the speed or lack of it when trying to download into blog's, galleries etc,(I have yet to open this device, even had time to put the kettle on only to return to find it still trying to download with out success) Dispite the fact that we splash out good money for a high speed broadband and subs for enroling into the RSPB community Can some one chuck a bob or two into the meter and get us out of our misery before we all end up mental  "twitcher's" Regards 4D

• Hi 4D we do moderate this forum and chip in from time to time, just found this thread so apologies for the delay in giving some feedback.

We are aware that the site has had some 'issues' with the speed or lack of it on various sections. This has been looked at and we hope to resolve them with the planned software upgrade that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Unfortunately we're still waiting for a date for this at the moment but we are hoping that it will be sooner rather than later and when we know more we will post something on here.

Please bear with us until then!

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Ian H said:
    Please bear with us until then!

It just took me 83 seconds for the blog section to open from forums..... I haven't bothered trying the galleries at all since I started using the site - well, I tried once and gave up after 3 minutes of nothing happening.....

This bear is soon going to be not with you....

(oh, and this took a further 22 seconds to load - wonder how long the edit will take? - may as well be on dial up!)

• Thanks Ian for the latest info about this, but as you can see I think its a very big problem that needs to be address before people/members do decide and turn to another site for there birding blogs. Regards 4D

• "Dispite the fact that we splash out good money for a high speed broadband and subs for enroling into the RSPB community".

Well that's not entirely true is it Fordie. Anyone can enrol in the RSPB Community discussion fora free, gratis and for nothing.

I'll not disagree that the access speed issues are a continuing pain though.  

JBNTS

Every day a little more irate about bird of prey persecution, and I have a cat - Got a problem with that?

• Unknown said:

Thanks Ian for the latest info about this, but as you can see I think its a very big problem that needs to be address before people/members do decide and turn to another site for there birding blogs. Regards 4D

Some members have tried this, but have come back - because this is the best bird and wildlife forum there is. This is why those of us who have been participants for a long time are still faithful ...... and still waiting for the new software! Roll on.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Unknown said:

"Dispite the fact that we splash out good money for a high speed broadband and subs for enroling into the RSPB community".

Well that's not entirely true is it Fordie. Anyone can enrol in the RSPB Community discussion fora free, gratis and for nothing.

I'll not disagree that the access speed issues are a continuing pain though.  

JBNTS

If you think about it those people that are not members of the RSPB do get a "freebie" the fact is, nothing in life is free and the RSPB has to put money into the the running of the web site, so as members WE are paying to the extent that non members do not contibute anything finacially . Good deal if you ask me (Not saying they don't contribute to the diversity of the site )  4D

• Oooops Im not a member of the RSPB

I was directed here when I did The Great Garden Bird Watch on line this year.

I think a lot of new posters arrived through this method.

Chris S.

A very old Shropshire Lad.